Duke4.net Forums: Another subway question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another subway question

User is offline   MC84 

I've searched the forums, and the infosuite doesn't address this issue specifically, so here goes; I'm trying to make a simple subway system, by lowering my train sectors down from the ceiling instead of raising them from the floor. I've then made a number of nested sectors within this main sector which are sloped. For some reason Build doesn't like this - Does anyone know if this is an in-built limitation of the engine? I tried the latest build but the problem persists. If it's an inbuilt issue then I'll just have to work around it and simplify my subway vehicle. Has anyone tried anything similar and had a good result? Thanks

The first pic is to help illustrate what I'm talking about. Second pic shows the 2d layout - as you can see, the nested sectors don't intercept the outer subway sector. All nested sectors are tagged 1,0. The third pic shows the scrambled mess in game.. it's almost as though the nested sectors are 'anchored' to their original position and the subway tries to pull them along which creates all the glitches.

P.S. Texture relativity is turned ON for all ceiling sectors.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: subway1.jpg
  • Attached Image: subway2.jpg
  • Attached Image: subway3.jpg

This post has been edited by MC84: 06 April 2020 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   blizzart 

I had the same issue some years ago with a two-way-train and sloped inner sectors. Although my train sector was on the floor instead of on the ceiling.

Maybe the height of the track is an issue here? Like yours, my train track sector was also very high.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Looks great! I think it could work if you allow the main sector go through these green lines:

Posted Image

You can place all sectors you want inside a subway train, but they can't be all adjacent each other, you need to split them in smaller groups, like in the above image.

Other things like relative textures or height of the track shouldn't affect the subway.

User is offline   MC84 

Thanks guys I'll have a play around with it!

EDIT: Well I ended up just removing those end cap sectors and it now works really well. Thanks again!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: SUBWAY.JPG

This post has been edited by MC84: 07 April 2020 - 01:00 AM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Glad to know it works. You can add those sectors back if you want, but without touching the other inner sectors. I say this because they look very cool.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options