Duke4.net Forums: Gamepad issues in recent builds - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gamepad issues in recent builds

User is offline   h3llf1re 

Hi all,

First post here ;) Wanted to say I love eduke32 - it really is the best way to play Duke 3D on modern computers.

I'm a couch/gamepad player, and the gamepad support (which I believe was added quite recently) was excellent until build 20200129-8572, since which the right stick hasn't worked properly. The Y axis seems OK, but the X axis (Turning) doesn't respond at all (so I can look up and down, but not side to side). I've tried resetting everything to defaults, but to no avail. I get the same result on an Xbox and a PS4 controller.

Any ideas please? I'm hoping it's a bug and can be fixed :)

Cheers!

h3llf1re

View Posth3llf1re, on 05 April 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hi all,

First post here ;) Wanted to say I love eduke32 - it really is the best way to play Duke 3D on modern computers.

I'm a couch/gamepad player, and the gamepad support (which I believe was added quite recently) was excellent until build 20200129-8572, since which the right stick hasn't worked properly. The Y axis seems OK, but the X axis (Turning) doesn't respond at all (so I can look up and down, but not side to side). I've tried resetting everything to defaults, but to no avail. I get the same result on an Xbox and a PS4 controller.

Any ideas please? I'm hoping it's a bug and can be fixed :)

Cheers!

h3llf1re

I noticed the same problem and was hoping it was being fixed. I tried replacing the gamecontrollerdb.txt file with an older version (where you mentioned the controller still worked), but the same problem of not being able to turn with the right stick still persists.

For the moment, I've disabled the right stick in game and then set up Xpadder to emulate mouse look on the right stick. It's not a fix, just a work-a-round.

View Posthudfreegamer, on 14 April 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

I noticed the same problem and was hoping it was being fixed. I tried replacing the gamecontrollerdb.txt file with an older version (where you mentioned the controller still worked), but the same problem of not being able to turn with the right stick still persists.

For the moment, I've disabled the right stick in game and then set up Xpadder to emulate mouse look on the right stick. It's not a fix, just a work-a-round.

I've done some testing and discovered that eduke32 is recognizing the X axis of the right stick. You can assign it to other things and even use the digital input option to allow you to turn, but it's very imprecise.

So, whatever the problem is, it seems to be related to the analog turning functionality.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

This one should already be fixed in the most recent build; please try it.

View PostTerminX, on 16 April 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

This one should already be fixed in the most recent build; please try it.

Works great! Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options