Duke4.net Forums: T-sprite raises floor, why? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T-sprite raises floor, why?

User is offline   pmw 

Hello, I got again very strange problem.

I got just a normal sector, and inside of it, there are T-sprite (Trigger).

T-sprite seems to bug sector's floor. First it lower sector's floor, and when I walk to sector (Trigger activates), sector's floor is getting raised.

Well, see pictures:

Shot in build: Posted Image

Shot in game: Posted Image

And an another shot in game: Posted Image

I just can't figure out WHY T-sprite do this for my sector's floor.

Any advice?

Download map from here: http://kk4.fi:81/u/1...56926_pmw05.map

This post has been edited by pmw: 19 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

This is why you shouldn't place touchplates on sloped surfaces. My advice is that you should add some narrow but non-sloped sector and put the touchplate on it. Make it point down and then the activation should be unaviodable even if in air.

User is offline   pmw 

View PostSpiker, on Jun 20 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

This is why you shouldn't place touchplates on sloped surfaces. My advice is that you should add some narrow but non-sloped sector and put the touchplate on it. Make it point down and then the activation should be unaviodable even if in air.

I tried to made a normal flat sector, not sloped. It still does this raise/lower -thing. But I'll try to figure out something. Thanks anyway.

User is offline   Spiker 

It shouldn't raise it if you put it on the floor. At least it worked for me ;)

This post has been edited by Spiker: 20 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

User is offline   Todd 

View Postpmw, on Jun 19 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

Hello, I got again very strange problem.

I got just a normal sector, and inside of it, there are T-sprite (Trigger).

T-sprite seems to bug sector's floor. First it lower sector's floor, and when I walk to sector (Trigger activates), sector's floor is getting raised.

The Touchplate sprite has a feature, possibly done on purpose to make "floor buttons", that moves the floor to its level in the game, and once Duke steps on it, it returns to the level set in Mapster.

Putting the Touchplate sprite as close as possible to the "first wall" solves this--though you might have to put it inside the floor depending on which way it is sloped.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostTodd, on Jun 22 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

Putting the Touchplate sprite as close as possible to the "first wall" solves this--though you might have to put it inside the floor depending on which way it is sloped.

Easiest way is (or at least should be) just lowering the sprite to the sector's height.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options