Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32: Somes questions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32: Somes questions

Hllo,
I'm writing a Lutris script to facilitate Duke Nukem 3D install on Linux OS.
It uses Eduke32.

Some questions I hope you could give me answers:

1°) I read in the wiki Eduke32 needs only two files:
DUKE3D.GRP and DUKE.RTS
But finally when EDuke32 start without DUKE.RTS, so what this file is usefull for?

2°) in the EDuke32 Wiki:
"If you bought the game from Steam (as Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition) or GOG.com, copying the data yourself is not required. EDuke32 will use the Windows registry to automatically identify your installation and add the required data to its search path."

Does this feature works on Linux platform too where there is no Windows registry?
If so, how does it works?
Is it possible to specify manually the towards "Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition" install path to EDuke32?

3°) is there a command to ask EDuke32 to search for needed game files recursively in a path?

Thank you for your help.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

About the RTS file, I know it contains the Remote Ridicule sounds. These are basically only interesting for multiplayer and not relevant for the solo experience. The game will still work without the RTS.

To add dirs, you usually use the -j parameter, e.g. "-jaddons" for the "addons" subdir. How it works if you wanna go outside of the EDuke32 folder I'm unsure.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 March 2020 - 05:28 AM

View PostNightFright, on 29 March 2020 - 05:24 AM, said:

About the RTS file, I know it contains the Remote Ridicule sounds. These are basically only interesting for multiplayer and not relevant for the solo experience. The game will still work without the RTS.

To add dirs, you usually use the -j parameter, e.g. "-jaddons" for the "addons" subdir. How it works if you wanna go outside of the EDuke32 folder I'm unsure.

ok thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options