Duke4.net Forums: Funky terminology and other gaming quirks - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funky terminology and other gaming quirks  "Stuff and things."

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

So any of those little tiny niggles that you find in gaming go here. Whether it's phrases or terms or concepts. Just oddities, things that confuse you.

I got one. So, i'm developing a small game. Inspired by retro arcade style platformers. Things like the original Mario Bros. Donkey Kong, Bubble Bobble. More recent examples I guess would be tings like Super Meatboy, Trapland 2, and Sockman.

However, I am finding it difficult to find the right term to describe these games. Arcade-Style Platformer works, but it seems like that covers the entire gamut from Defender to Mario Bros and everything in between. What is a non-scrolling, single screen, arcade-style platformer called?

User is offline   Kyanos 

They just go by single screen platformers, or sometimes 1 screen platformer, ssp for short I've seen.

User is offline   Hank 

I’d call this Fluid Action Boards. I did a quick duckduckgo, does not exist, but it may be catchy? ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options