Duke4.net Forums: Motherflaker - Proof of concept Ion Fury/ Bomshell sequel - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Motherflaker - Proof of concept Ion Fury/ Bomshell sequel

https://twitter.com/...184329121792003

https://twitter.com/...464127480123399

https://www.twitch.t...4443?t=0h37m29s

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 March 2020 - 02:31 PM

User is offline   Newken 

https://www.twitch.t...4443?t=0h37m29s ;)

User is offline   gemeaux333 

A protoype for a new Bombshell game : Motherflaker

View PostNewken, on 21 March 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

thanks, couldn't find it. I added it to my post

View Postgemeaux333, on 21 March 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

A protoype for a new Bombshell game : Motherflaker

Changed the title, thanks.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It's a prototype using some source game assets (I recall it was sin episodes & HL2) and a few bombshell mechanics.
FYI before anyone asks: None of us Fury devs have nothing to do with either of the projects shown, we only just found out ~4 days ago of the existence ;)
And no, we don't know any more beyond what was shown.

These are all from Fred (Assuming guys from Slipgate did these).
Curious to see if this heads anywhere in the end.

This is looking pretty sweet. I like the Half-Life style graphics, but hope its going to have some non-Half-Life style level design.
Not that it matters for me, since in the replies he says its Unreal Engine 4, and those run like ass if at all on my machine. ;) Is there are reason why something so top-of-the-line would be used for something that doesn't look that? Or is that just what the guys from Slipgate are used to?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Do note at the bottom of the Twitch video it says cancelled

A game in the vein of Half-Life 1/Sin would work well for a new Bombshell game.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 21 March 2020 - 10:21 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It looks like Half-life because it's using assets from HL2 and Sin. I don't think anything other than the HUD models are original content.
Prototypes are usually like that, just placeholder assets to quickly convey some idea or two, knocked together in a few days. They'd likely restart from scratch for any further work. There is no actual game yet.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Watched the video, that seems like was happened after Bombshell game finished and they(devs of Bombshell) just joying around and try to find out how/what a FPS Bombshell game would looks like...(they also had other idea experiment named Bombshell TTK which was like Duke:TTK/Tomb Raider in Bombshell universe...but...no...that seems not good enough, judging the footage in the video...well, since that was experiment so whatever.)

And...since they changed mind and decided to let VoidPoint made the game and became a Build/EDuke32 engine game(IM/IF) so Motherflaker just canceled before any artworks or something being ever made, I think.

BTW, the twitch video has a lot of canceled shit/prototypes(like the original canceled SiN 2 phorotype) and teaser of new games like Ion Fury for Switch.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

These both utilize assets from fury, crossbow was exclusively made for the build game.
Also the TTK proto is all build-game textures aside from the player model.

Development of build game started way back in 2015, almost a year before bombshell was released.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Hmm, that made perfect sense, and I just forgot one thing, IF was prequel and Motherflaker supposed to be the sequel, my bad.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I don't think it says anywhere that it's a sequel, more like a game in the universe.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Cool.

User is offline   Fauch 

Some pics look like route canal. Like HL2 it looks like it mainly had soldier enemies, which was one of the thing that was less good about HL2 compared to HL1. More fun to have enemies like vortigaunts or pig cops.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View Postoasiz, on 21 March 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

It looks like Half-life because it's using assets from HL2 and Sin. I don't think anything other than the HUD models are original content.
Prototypes are usually like that, just placeholder assets to quickly convey some idea or two, knocked together in a few days. They'd likely restart from scratch for any further work. There is no actual game yet.

View PostFauch, on 22 March 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

Some pics look like route canal. Like HL2 it looks like it mainly had soldier enemies, which was one of the thing that was less good about HL2 compared to HL1. More fun to have enemies like vortigaunts or pig cops.

I don't think it will look anything like this because of above. It's more of a game play prototype than anything. ;)

i dunno, the second pic screams Half-Life 2 to me, i know it's probably because those are actual hl2 textures ;)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 23 March 2020 - 09:25 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

You're misunderstanding me :lol:
What I am trying to say is the exact opposite. If this was to go anywhere, it would likely look very different exactly because they are literally using assets from HL2 / Sin and they'd have to redo almost everything, potentially to a very different art direction ;)
Believe me, I know HL2 inside-out, that was the first thing I noticed.

Keeping that in mind... I don't know how to say it without sounding a bit rough but it's strange to turn this in to a pitch considering that it's practically an asset flip with a rather primitive wave shooter on top. I just can't tell what it's trying to be.

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

I can still 100% see the potential though. It's less neon and cybertech than Ion Fury, but I don't see anything wrong with them taking the game in a more gritty and realistic direction (and getting rid of all the HL assets of course xd). Then again, if it's less futuristic it would probably work better as a prequel, so Idk.
I've been playing a bit of VR games recently, and this is exactly the type of game I'd love to see as a nice little arcade type VR game (with flat mode compatibility of course) ;)

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Postoasiz, on 23 March 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

You're misunderstanding me :lol:
What I am trying to say is the exact opposite. If this was to go anywhere, it would likely look very different exactly because they are literally using assets from HL2 / Sin and they'd have to redo almost everything, potentially to a very different art direction ;)
Believe me, I know HL2 inside-out, that was the first thing I noticed.

Keeping that in mind... I don't know how to say it without sounding a bit rough but it's strange to turn this in to a pitch considering that it's practically an asset flip with a rather primitive wave shooter on top. I just can't tell what it's trying to be.

It was probably just to see what an early 3D style Bombshell would look like. The Build game was already being made and Wrath seems to have taken the place of this game.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Nothing truly impressive or inspiring here.

And before someone says it, yes I do get what this is. I'm saying even on that level. This looks like a reskin of Sin, and that's it. That's literally all it is

User is offline   Fauch 

Wrath looks a bit different from this. Maybe if Alyx had been around back then, they would have made this rather than Wrath. I mean, the same way many FPS now are obviously inspired by Doom (and other games, but clearly more by Doom than by Half Life)

Saw the stream when it aired, definitely a treat for the eyes- hoping and praying this proof of concept finds its way into proper development!

User is offline   Mark 

Rumor says its scheduled for release in 2096 as part of the DN3D centennial celebration. Pre-orders will include the 2001 DNF demo and the official 2014 DNF editor. But don't hold your breath. They may bring the company heads out of Cryo-sleep to stop the whole thing. ;)

This post has been edited by Mark: 15 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

I just saw this. There are indeed some assets from Sin Emergence but I canĀ“t recognize a single one from hl2 though. Anyhow, AFAIK commercial products to be sold on Steam can run Source and all the souce shared assets for "free".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options