Duke4.net Forums: Help me applying a tortoise svn patch file - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help me applying a tortoise svn patch file

User is offline   Jim 

I like to play Eduke with texture filtering, so I am trying to apply the attached diff file to eduke32_src_20200304-8681.tar.xz. I have a patch file to enable texture filtering. I can already successfully build eduke32.exe from the source code. Yet when I try to apply the patch file, no matter what directory I chose, I get "this is not a working copy"

Can somebody help me? what am I doing wrong? The patch file is attached below. Thanks

Attached File(s)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I think you can still enable filtering via console but it's broken, i.e. skies will not render correctly.
It was made inaccessible because it's not functional and resulted in people playing with broken rendering (plus reporting bugs)

User is offline   Jim 

I want to ask, can be that file be applied to the eduke source code tho? Or is it impossible?

User is offline   Jim 

I try to put r_texfilter "5" in the console, but it does not work.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It seems that the option is currently disabled, it was accessible through console at one point, my bad.

I had issues last time applying patches with tortoisesvn specifically but these should be easy to modify by hand.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Loose patches like this can be tricky. Usually there is some set of parameters you can pass to the patch command. `patch --help` is your friend.

I have a terminal alias named "p" (actually p.bat) that is short for: patch -p0 --binary --no-backup-if-mismatch -i <filename>

Maybe that could help. But short of that, if you open up the diff file in a text editor you could see how to apply the same changes manually. It would be very simple because the changes are small, just commenting out a few lines.

User is offline   Jim 

Got it to work, thank you much!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options