Duke4.net Forums: Weapon aligned to right side of screen? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapon aligned to right side of screen?

User is offline   Blasphyx 

I use a triple monitor setup and I recently came back to duke3d. It was really nice to play it with my setup. Everything looked great... then I picked up the rpg and it's way on my right monitor where it doesn't belong. Also, whenever the pistol reloads, that animation is also on the right side of the screen. So call me shallow...but I guess I WONT be playing duke3d lol.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Keep the game on one screen.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It wouldn't be that hard to modify the sample weapon drawing CON code supplied with the download so that the right-justified HUD bit (512 in the orientation parameter) is simply not used.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 02 March 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

It wouldn't be that hard to modify the sample weapon drawing CON code supplied with the download so that the right-justified HUD bit (512 in the orientation parameter) is simply not used.

You can disable it via DEF:

https://wiki.eduke32...gameflags_(DEF)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBlasphyx, on 02 March 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

I use a triple monitor setup and I recently came back to duke3d. It was really nice to play it with my setup. Everything looked great... then I picked up the rpg and it's way on my right monitor where it doesn't belong. Also, whenever the pistol reloads, that animation is also on the right side of the screen. So call me shallow...but I guess I WONT be playing duke3d lol.

I'll spell out Fox's suggestion for you. It's very very easy.

Create a file named "duke3d.def" and put it in your game folder. Then open it in a text editor and add this single line to it:

globalgameflags 1

Save and run the game. Your problem should be fixed. If you already have that file with other stuff in it, just add that line to it.

User is offline   Blasphyx 

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the help!

View PostRADAЯ, on 02 March 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Keep the game on one screen.

No. That's stupid. Why would you even suggest that?

This post has been edited by Blasphyx: 20 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options