Duke4.net Forums: Problem with EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Apparently it is now impossible to make t-sprites invisible using EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES

setting tsprcstat to 32768 does nothing

setting tsprcstat to 32767 or -1 causes the game to instantly crash to desktop with no log error.

I suspect that this is also related to voxels still being rendered from the other side when one-sided, but I'm not sure.

Setting tsprcstat to 32768 does nothing back to and including r2229, further back I did not test any builds, so I'm guessing this never did anything.

Setting tsprcstat to 32767 or to -1 currently causes no crash on my end, and it successfully turns the sprite invisible.

Perhaps it was fixed in the meantime or there was a user error involved.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Setting it to 32767 is totally invalid and only doesn't crash or throw an error by chance.

There isn't really a way to make a tsprite invisible. I guess you could set the xrepeat and yrepeat to 0? Stuff like cstat 32768 is checked before a sprite makes it onto the tsprite list, not afterward.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTerminX, on 10 June 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

Setting it to 32767 is totally invalid and only doesn't crash or throw an error by chance.

There isn't really a way to make a tsprite invisible. I guess you could set the xrepeat and yrepeat to 0? Stuff like cstat 32768 is checked before a sprite makes it onto the tsprite list, not afterward.

This is a non-issue because I have long since stopped trying to use that event to make anything invisible. However, since you mentioned it:

No 16384 Sprite will be invisible but will still cast a Polymer shadow

https://wiki.eduke32...i/Cstat_(sprite)

I wonder if 32767 works by virtue of including 16384, which also causes invisibility. Some of the cstat bits, such as transparency, can be set on and change the rendering of t-sprites, so I'm not sure what "stuff like 32768" includes.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

"Stuff like cstat 32768" meant things which cause a sprite to have no effect on rendering at all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options