Duke4.net Forums: Widescreen Hud - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Widescreen Hud

I think it would be a good idea to extend the hud to edges of the screen megaton style, cause it looks kinda weird the way it is now. It would also be nice if the viewmodel was like megaton, but it's fine the way it is. Maybe implement this into the widescreen option in the display settings?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

It works if you just define a bigger tile.

How do I do that?

User is offline   Fox 

You can use a problem to edit the ART file, or use a .def file to load an image.

I have no idea what that means.

User is offline   Fox 

The graphics of the game are stored in the .ART files.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

https://wiki.eduke32...ki/DEF_Language

I appreciate the help, but I don't understand any of this.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The Duke3D Fixes mod is doing exactly that, among a few other things. Just drop it in your autoload folder and you profit from Fox' extended HUD graphics.

Thanks, I played the first few level of ep1 with it and it's great. The new sounds are kinda weird though, I wish the mod had some sort of options/config.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostFox, on 10 February 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

You can use a problem to edit the ART file, or use a .def file to load an image.

Don't you mean program, and not problem?

• The Truth is in here

View PostWill_Destroy, on 10 February 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

Thanks, I played the first few level of ep1 with it and it's great. The new sounds are kinda weird though, I wish the mod had some sort of options/config.

That mod doesn't change anything with sounds. You must be using another mod besides it.

I found a mod called cosmetic duke by googling the mod you mentioned, which adds qol improvements. I though that was mod you were talking about. (I missed the link on your comment at first but now I have it :rolleyes:)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Here's an example:

tilefromtexture 2536 { file "lr/tile2536.png" xoffset -10 yoffset 2 }

the first number is the tile being changed, in quotation marks is the filename of the picture to replace it (special care needs to be taken with any tile not using the game's standard palette, like the title screen or episode 1 end animation)

xoffset and yoffset are the tile's offsets from center, you'll probably have to get the original tile's offset using a program like BAFED first as there is to my knowledge no option to retain the tile's old offsets.

View PostNightFright, on 10 February 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

The Duke3D Fixes mod is doing exactly that, among a few other things. Just drop it in your autoload folder and you profit from Fox' extended HUD graphics.

For googling reference, what's the mod's actual name?

• The Truth is in here

Well, it's "Fixes for Duke 3D", but the link is actually right in my signature. Github repo is here.

Does the mod adjust the skybox? I saw files for skybox textures in the mod.

This post has been edited by Will_Destroy: 12 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

Only in DukeGDX (because EDuke32 fixed sky rendering in Polymost a while back)

• The Truth is in here

It's more mod friendly if skyboxes are not used, since if a mod changes a sky texture for which there is a skybox already, the skybox would override custom graphics.

The Cosmetic Duke mod adds the World Tour skybox, and it looks great.

I'm fairly certain Cosmetic Duke uses Fox's skyboxes, not World Tour's

User is offline   Fox 

I don't think skyboxes are necessary now that Polymost draws the parallaxed sky like the software renderer.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Necessary? No. Sexy? Yes.

Is it necessary to have a hardware renderer in the first place?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options