Duke4.net Forums: Alleged planned Serious Sam easter egg in DNF - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alleged planned Serious Sam easter egg in DNF

Many years ago, I read that Serious Sam was meant to appear in The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC as a severed head with Joker makeup that would make Duke say "Why so serious, Sam?". This was long before World Tour was even a thing. I know I've seen an image of the model and texture that was said to be left in the DLC's files but nowadays I can't find any other mentions of that and the image that I saw seemed to have disappeared off the face of the net. I tried to check things out myself with Noesis but I can't open DLC files and no such model exists in the folder with the Halo/Borderlands/Bioshock reference models.

Is anyone else here able to corroborate that rumor or is it just bullshit?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

To my knowledge this wasn't really a thing.

The DLC was actually encrypted on release, and there's no real way to rip the assets out of it. There was a Russian version that was available online for a very limited time that was not encrypted, but it completely dissappeared. As far as I know there was never a Serious Sam Easter Egg in DNF. I've never come across anything while spelunking DNF.

User is offline   Outtagum 

EDIT: oof, I noticed you already mentioned World Tour

This post has been edited by Outtagum: 07 February 2020 - 03:59 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options