Duke4.net Forums: looking for a map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

looking for a map

User is online   Jamesfff 

I have been looking for while now for a Duke3d map I used to have years ago, but cannot seem to find now. It's a single-player map with a city theme, called SP1G.map and I think it's by Geoffrey (Fakir) Van Dijk, but I'm not absolutely sure. Any idea if it's still out there?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You can find Fakir's work here;
https://www.arrovfnukem.com/en/maps

User is offline   NNC 

Don't you mean FBSP?

User is online   Jamesfff 

The Watchtower: No, I mean sp1g.map; it's separate from the FBSP series, which I do have.

HorseDongSub69: I've looked there and am pretty sure it isn't there.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The Sewers and Strippers readme confirms that it did exist. I was able to find another lead on the Wayback Archive. Looks like this map is potentially lost to time.

Google Translate says:
Sp1G | screenshot
My very first [map] that I have had as a way of humor once reviewed by Kevin [Cools], who rewarded the gem with a perfect score.
This [map] was reviewed on Dukeweb but is no longer available."

The screenshot wasn't archived either. Maybe Geoffrey has a copy of it still? DukeWeb has also been defunct for a long time and nothing is archived beyond the splash page and front of the forum. Kevin Cools' We Store Your Crap site was never archived at all. Bummer.

This post has been edited by HorseDongSub69: 15 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHorseDongSub69, on 15 January 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

The screenshot wasn't archived either. Maybe Geoffrey has a copy of it still? DukeWeb has also been defunct for a long time and nothing is archived beyond the splash page and front of the forum. Kevin Cools' We Store Your Crap site was never archived at all. Bummer.

It's a shame. A number of great websites for Duke got swept away when they dissappear over a decade ago. Just... Poof. Bits and pieces still exist, but lots of great stuff got lost.

The entirety of the AVD total conversation that was in development was lost when planetduke.com and totalconversions.com went kaput. Just one of maybe hundreds.

Who knows how many great mods and maps have been permanently lost. I'm sure at least a few gems are gone.

Time holds still for nothing.

User is offline   Hank 

^ The entire Duke Repository still exist though
https://dnr.duke4.net/index.php.html
thanks to duke4, they host it

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Sewers & Strippers
http://www.scent-88....s/S/sas/sas.php

Fakir: 9 maps for the c&c tc, 3 maps for qfa, 3
maps for qfh, 4 maps for borgnukem, dm7g,
fakir@, fbsp001, fbsp002, fkali, future, sp1g,
remix, unholy, mre, snf and hay. Also working
on my own mod, fakir3d. ( 3 maps finished )

Thanks To : Mikko for betatesting!

Maybe Mikko has a copy of sp1g

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 January 2020 - 08:31 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options