Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury Forever

I think just a soft reboot could work, but that's just me

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

On the other hand, if they wanted to bring in the lost arm mechanic... It could lead to some interesting functionality in a game setting if done right. If the arm was less a gun and more of a tool while shelly wielded her offensive kit in the off hand. The Lover Boy, a sawed off shotty, an SMG, etc.

User is offline   Mark 

Just don't make her an Inspector Gadget clone. ;)

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I've been constantly imagining a game in my head that I would kill to play after playing a lot of brutal and metal action games, namely Doom Eternal, Heavy Metal Fakk2, Heavy Metal Geomatix, God of War(the good ones), DMC and the last 2 Evil Dead games and I just kept wishing "if only I could play an action game as brutal and metal as these with a kick ass female lead".
A lot of the elements that I had in mind for the female lead could fit well into Shelly Harrison if there wasn't such a spineless publisher involved.

In terms of her character and personality, she's a lot like the DoomSlayer, she has only one emotion: Pure Focused Rage.
Also much like the Slayer, I'd have her be a silent protagonist so she has to speak with her body language and with her eyes.

In terms of appearance:

Picture the face/hair of Tarrna from Heavy Metal 1981 with a mouthguard similar to the Marauder from Eternal(hence the silent protagonist which actually as key plot point).
Her entire right arm would be a robotic arm that does NOT act as a bullet shooting weapon, but would work for more melee based combat such as punching and even better, have a chainsaw extension like Jack from Madworld.

If I were to put together a rushed 10 minute photoshop concept of in my drucken state, she would like a little like this:
Posted Image

I would have like to have her were some kind of revealing red armor based on the Slayers praetor suit, buy I might try when I get more time.

As for her gameplay, it would be like HM Fakk 2 combat only greatly upgraded and polished for a new game, she can equip different weapons in her left and right and even double handed weapons that require both hands to use, which include big guns, axes and long swords and the like.

If Shelly is gonna become a dangerous killer with a robot arm, then may as well make that robot arm as metal as possible that can be used more for brutal violence and not just some boring gun arm, have Shelly get in there and make a point with her chainsaw arm.
Also have her ditch the snarky dialog, it would be better if she stayed quiet, hence the silent protagonist, reading the Slayers reactions and body language are parts I really like about Doom Eternal, would be cool to see that in a new Bombshell action, if there ever is one.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostxMobilemux, on 31 October 2020 - 02:51 AM, said:

I've been constantly imagining a game in my head that I would kill to play after playing a lot of brutal and metal action games, namely Doom Eternal, Heavy Metal Fakk2, Heavy Metal Geomatix, God of War(the good ones), DMC and the last 2 Evil Dead games and I just kept wishing "if only I could play an action game as brutal and metal as these with a kick ass female lead".
A lot of the elements that I had in mind for the female lead could fit well into Shelly Harrison if there wasn't such a spineless publisher involved.

In terms of her character and personality, she's a lot like the DoomSlayer, she has only one emotion: Pure Focused Rage.
Also much like the Slayer, I'd have her be a silent protagonist so she has to speak with her body language and with her eyes.

In terms of appearance:

Picture the face/hair of Tarrna from Heavy Metal 1981 with a mouthguard similar to the Marauder from Eternal(hence the silent protagonist which actually as key plot point).
Her entire right arm would be a robotic arm that does NOT act as a bullet shooting weapon, but would work for more melee based combat such as punching and even better, have a chainsaw extension like Jack from Madworld.

If I were to put together a rushed 10 minute photoshop concept of in my drucken state, she would like a little like this:
Posted Image

I would have like to have her were some kind of revealing red armor based on the Slayers praetor suit, buy I might try when I get more time.

As for her gameplay, it would be like HM Fakk 2 combat only greatly upgraded and polished for a new game, she can equip different weapons in her left and right and even double handed weapons that require both hands to use, which include big guns, axes and long swords and the like.

If Shelly is gonna become a dangerous killer with a robot arm, then may as well make that robot arm as metal as possible that can be used more for brutal violence and not just some boring gun arm, have Shelly get in there and make a point with her chainsaw arm.
Also have her ditch the snarky dialog, it would be better if she stayed quiet, hence the silent protagonist, reading the Slayers reactions and body language are parts I really like about Doom Eternal, would be cool to see that in a new Bombshell action, if there ever is one.

You should get on facebook more, broseph.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostOpenMaw, on 31 October 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

You should get on facebook more, broseph.

Nah, Social media is a cancer.

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostxMobilemux, on 31 October 2020 - 02:51 AM, said:

In terms of appearance:

Posted Image

Holy shit! That statue. Well except for blond hair. Not a fan personally.

View PostxMobilemux, on 01 November 2020 - 12:08 AM, said:

Nah, Social media is a cancer.

Based

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options