Duke4.net Forums: Skulldog's Dosbox launchers - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Skulldog's Dosbox launchers

Hi all,

I've been away from this forum for a while, but when I go to check for updates for Skulldog's excellent Dosbox launchers, I either get directed to a web site advetising chainsaws or a 404 Not Found. Also, there doesn't seem to have been many contributions lately from Skulldog on the forums. Is he OK?

Thankfully. I got all of his launchers before they got 404'ed. I wished I could upload them on there but the file sized is limited to 20MB. Is there a way I could upload them to the official Duke4.net server?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Dropbox is also a pretty decent longterm solution.

View PostNightFright, on 14 January 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Dropbox is also a pretty decent longterm solution.

Just been looking at some free cloud servers and it looks like for 'public' access (i.e. shared files) Mega looks like the best bet. 50gB of storage and specified folders can be shared with the public. Only downside I can see is that there is a 10gB bandwidth limit, but it renews every 30 mins. So with a bit of patience, most people could grab a copy sooner or later.

Review here: Lifewire review of Mega Cloud

There's a useful service comparison chart here.

Have a look: Mega signup page

I have no affiliations with Mega at all, just in case someone thought I was pushing their barrow!

Dropbox WOULD work, but there's a 2gB storage limit. From what I can remember, the Blood Launcher alone would gobble up most of that.

HTH,
Captain Peacock

This post has been edited by Captain Peacock: 16 January 2020 - 04:17 AM

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 16 January 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

Just been looking at some free cloud servers and it looks like for 'public' access (i.e. shared files) Mega looks like the best bet. 50gB of storage and specified folders can be shared with the public. Only downside I can see is that there is a 10gB bandwidth limit, but it renews every 30 mins. So with a bit of patience, most people could grab a copy sooner or later.

Review here: Lifewire review of Mega Cloud

There's a useful service comparison chart here.

Have a look: Mega signup page

I have no affiliations with Mega at all, just in case someone thought I was pushing their barrow!

Dropbox WOULD work, but there's a 2gB storage limit. From what I can remember, the Blood Launcher alone would gobble up most of that.

HTH,
Captain Peacock

A bit of good news: I was nosing among some old external hard drives and memory sticks and found the following launchers:

Blood Dosbox Launcher V5.7 (full version) plus upgrades to V6

Duke Nukem 3D Launcher V3 full version.

Redneck Rampage V2.7 full version.

Shadow Warrior V2.0 full version.

ISTR there was a Dosbox Launcher for Witchaven as well, but I think I can live without it.

Can someone please tell me if I have all the latest versions? Much thanks.

Captain Peacock

User is offline   irukanjji 

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 20 January 2020 - 02:44 AM, said:

A bit of good news: I was nosing among some old external hard drives and memory sticks and found the following launchers:

Blood Dosbox Launcher V5.7 (full version) plus upgrades to V6

Duke Nukem 3D Launcher V3 full version.

Redneck Rampage V2.7 full version.

Shadow Warrior V2.0 full version.

ISTR there was a Dosbox Launcher for Witchaven as well, but I think I can live without it.

Can someone please tell me if I have all the latest versions? Much thanks.

Captain Peacock

Here is the latest list from Skulldog's Dosbox Site:
Blood DosBox Launcher V6.0
Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher v3.2
Redneck DosBox Launcher V2.91
Shadow Warrior DOSBox Launcher V2.0
Witchaven Launcher v1.0

User is offline   JomSpoons 

Sorry to necro this thread but I figured this was better than making an entirely new one. I'm also looking for reuploads of Skulldog's DOSBox launchers and can't find them anywhere. If anyone could reupload them I'd greatly appreciate it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options