Duke4.net Forums: Respawning Enemies - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Respawning Enemies

I've noticed that enemies I've killed sometimes respawn from where they died. Yes I'm aware that enemies can fake dying, but I always make sure they are dead. This happens a lot and is quite annoying.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostWill_Destroy, on 01 January 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

I've noticed that enemies I've killed sometimes respawn from where they died. Yes I'm aware that enemies can fake dying, but I always make sure they are dead. This happens a lot and is quite annoying.

Enemies that aren't gibbed will respawn on Damn I'm Good.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

I assume OP might be referring to how a fake death doesn't actually get prevented with a bullet to the head. You have to gib them too.

View PostWill_Destroy, on 01 January 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Assuming that you are talking about the Assault Troopers/Captains, yes sometimes is ridiculous the number of times that happens, even a pair of seconds later that you killed them.
If you are talking about Damn I'M Good this is another thing, give them 30 secs and even minibosses come back (not at full life ofc), useless you get rid of their bodies, i think that this difficulty was made to end levels as fast you can.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 01 January 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

Enemies that aren't gibbed will respawn on Damn I'm Good.

I forgot to say I wasn't playing on Damn I'm Good.

Then it's probably the troopers. Knowing about fake death is one thing, knowing how they intuitively don't die for real when you shoot them is another, and yes it is annoying. The trick is to not shoot them and let their animation play out. If you hear the death growl, they died for real. If they don't, they're faking it and will respawn. You need to blow up the corpse with a pipe bomb or RPG round.

Alternatively, once you get the freezethrower, you can use that to kill them. If you shatter them, they'll never have a chance to play dead.

You really aren't giving enough details for people to help you, please read this thread first: https://forums.duke4...oblems-or-bugs/

Assault Troopers and Assault Captains (green & red) can feign death, specifically any time they play their "choking" animation. It doesn't matter how much damage you deal, they have a chance to raise unless you freeze or explode them.

If this was any other enemy then it's not supposed to happen, unless you are playing on "Damn I'm good" where they always resurrect if not exploded.

Also, make sure your folder is clean of any CON mods that may be interfering.

User is offline   NNC 

The trooper is just amazingly versatile. And I'm pretty sure half of you don't know where are their eyes in real.

Let me make a few things clear, it it only the assault trooper respawning. When they are in the choking animation, I either kick them or shoot them again, to make sure they're dead. The reason I even mention this is because this doesn't happen in WT or Megaton Edition.

View PostWill_Destroy, on 02 January 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

Let me make a few things clear, it it only the assault trooper respawning. When they are in the choking animation, I either kick them or shoot them again, to make sure they're dead. The reason I even mention this is because this doesn't happen in WT or Megaton Edition.

If it doesn't happen in WT or Megaton Edition then that's a bug with those versions. The current eduke32 behavior is accurate to DOS Duke3D.

The following video shows this, as recorded using vanilla Duke 3D running under DOSbox: https://streamable.com/xowxr
The resurrection is entirely random and doesn't depend on whether you shoot the Trooper or not.

View PostWill_Destroy, on 02 January 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 January 2020 - 06:43 AM, said:

Then it's probably the troopers. Knowing about fake death is one thing, knowing how they intuitively don't die for real when you shoot them is another, and yes it is annoying. The trick is to not shoot them and let their animation play out. If you hear the death growl, they died for real. If they don't, they're faking it and will respawn. You need to blow up the corpse with a pipe bomb or RPG round.

Alternatively, once you get the freezethrower, you can use that to kill them. If you shatter them, they'll never have a chance to play dead.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options