Duke4.net Forums: weapon firing and reloading frames - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

weapon firing and reloading frames

User is offline   11bush 

I've been making a ton of weapons lately, but I find that I have been super limited as to what I can do because of the number of frames that are provided for each weapon. is there any way to simply add more frames to a weapon firing and reloading, so for example I could have say 5 frames for firing and 5 for reloading? I tried to change the tile numbers of weapons and increase the frames by following along in the con tutorials I could find but I have had no luck.

A second thing is that in order to add my art which is not in the duke color palette, I have just been using an autoload folder and putting everything into that, is that the simplest way or is there a better way to get that done? I tried using the texture def from https://wiki.eduke32...tilefromtexture but it just makes my game crash out when it tries to read it on start up.

Sorry for the long winded post, any help will be really appreciated so I can start getting a nice weapon pack made. :lol:

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I am still waiting for a good tutorial about making custom weapons, enemies, UI for Duke. At the moment we have guieds from coders for coders. That's why we have so little amount of mods and people comparing to Doom community (for example).

User is offline   11bush 

View Postbrullov, on 31 December 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

I am still waiting for a good tutorial about making custom weapons, enemies, UI for Duke. At the moment we have guieds from coders for coders. That's why we have so little amount of mods and people comparing to Doom community (for example).

That's so true, I came back after like 15 years, and things still seem pretty well the same.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options