Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem on Unreal Engine 4 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem on Unreal Engine 4  "EDuke32 is AWESOME! But years still going on..."

User is offline   chelios 

View PostTea Monster, on 30 December 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

What modding experience do you have? This is going to be a huge project. Has your team tackled anything like this before?

My expirience of mods\games making starts from 1997, when I start learning CON code language. When "3D Realms" drop source code of Duke Nukem 3D, I start learing C++(my first friend was Jonathon "JonoF" Fowler. He helps me to understand how games works inside, how to manage GNU Make compiler to compile Duke's C code). I start a little project based on "JonoF"'s Duke port(just for my own fun, not for show it to people), which was cancelled, because EDuke32 was released. So, I have no reason to proceed my hard-coded project, based on "JonoF"'s Duke port, because in EDuke32 CON language I can make all same things, which my project already have. And EDuke32 "Polymer", with latest HRP Pack installed, finally killed my wish to procceed "JonoF"s port based project. So, all this events taught me to understand EDuke32 CON language, C++, 3D Studio Max(when "JonoF"'s port began support 3d models), games mehanics(I mean how code works, how to start programming a games). I won't to say - "I'm a bad mother fucker and I have a heavy team. So, together we will do a huge project like Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded, without losing spirit of 1996 Duke" I'm just asked to your question.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 01 January 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

1. You didn't phrase the topic as question. You just titled it "Duke Nukem on Unreal Engine 4" That's not a question. A question requires a question mark.

2. You've been given the answer.

3. You're not going to make it happen. Simply because you're half annoucning and half questioning something out the gate instead of getting all your ducks in a row first and going from there. All you had to do was look around some of the already existing threads in this very forum to find the answers to the questions you did ask in the post itself.

I'm a new on this forums. And can do some mistakes.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Your past mod work aside, if you had any capacity to reproduce 40 levels that make up Duke Nukem 3D, by now you would have already developed some aspects of the game just out of sheer fun and curiosity. You clearly started this thread without even having one foot in the door. Your own OP is laced with factual errors assuming that you have to "ask for" "permission" from "3DR" and that Reloaded is merely "dead" or "frozen". k

View PostHendricks266, on 30 December 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Let me get this straight. You just started learning UE4 and you want to remake a classic game because it would be cool and shiny.

You are far too inexperienced to do this.

No. I learned C++ be my self. I don't think UE4 is harder.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

So you know C++, you know CON code, you know how to model, you know all of these things.

But you've never released anything before, and you backed out of developing your personal port because Eduke32 was teh awesome?

You'll need more resolve than that to develop something. Believe me. Especially on this scope. Interceptor had something around 20 people to develop Duke 3D Reloaded.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

mY dAd WoRkS fOr NiNtEnDo!1

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I think you meant to say NiNtEnDoNg

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 03 January 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

I think you meant to say NiNtEnDoNg

My DoNg is NintEnDinCheS LoNg?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options