Duke4.net Forums: Various Clipping Oddities - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Various Clipping Oddities  "Smaller clipping differences that don't deserve their own thread"

I've noticed a number of differences in clipping versus Vanilla Duke 3D that aren't really worth making multiple threads for, but might be worth mentioning anyways.

I guess this thread can serve to collect smaller clipping issues that other people find too.

Starting off, in E2L3 of Duke 3D it is possible to clip behind these platforms and remain on the ground, whereas in DOS the player moves ontop of them:
Attached Image: duke0020.png
Second, in the map Mr. Splashy's (E3L3) of Duke Caribbean, there's this Pig + Frog sprite on the wall here. As of r8494 it is possible to get stuck behind this sprite, and possibly get crushed by it.
This was not the case in the original game:
Attached Image: duke0074.png
Third (and this is one that worries me), in order to progress in E3L3 you need to jump behind this wall on the ride after the yellow key, in order to gain access to the red key:
Attached Image: duke0075.png
However, as of r8494, it is no longer possible to get behind this wall without crouch jumping (i.e. exploiting this bug: https://forums.duke4...theater-window/ ).
This is worrying because, should the above be fixed, it might render this map impossible to finish without cheating. This may also apply to other user maps.

The vents in E3L3 of DukeDC (Nuked Files) currently also require crouch-jumping to get into, similarly to the wall in Mr. Splashy's. Useful to keep in mind for testing purposes.

Apart from a single vent in DukeDC (see attached debug map) all vents are accessible again. The wall you need to jump over in Caribbean E3L3 has also been fixed as of r8641.

The frog + pig sprite still kills you if you straferun into it. In general it seems to be possible for sprites to push the player through walls and into the void, happened to me with a bunch of Assault Troopers in E1L6 (Launch Facility) of Duke 3D twice.

Finally, clipping involving those pads in E2L3 is working correctly again as of r8641.

Attached File  debug.zip (56K)
Number of downloads: 123

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options