Duke4.net Forums: WGR 2020 Trailer - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGR 2020 Trailer  "🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥"

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

This video was posted on Discord but there's absolutely no buzz about it on the forums. Did WG post this for fun, or is this an official trailer that Dan is aware of? Either way, it looks cool.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'm so happy to see this still lives. I was worried this had been abandoned again.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I should clarify that the person who posted this on Discord isn't a member of the WG team.

I recently tried playing WGR2 with the latest EDuke32, and it looks so good with all the polymost improvements. The levels aged so well. Possibly the best level design in any Build mod. I really love it when a game you played 10 years ago gives you the same experience you had back then. Unfortunately, it also crashes very often now. This mod is in desperate need of resurrection, because it is a shame it can barely be played.

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 18 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I hope it is going well. There's no way I will have time to help much with the coding until mid-2020, and even then I'm not sure.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 December 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

I hope it is going well.

ditto.

No idea how much work he's done. He stopped posting here and updating the svn back in February. Some of the maps needed clean-up, but the biggest obstacles at the time were coding & eduke32 compatibility.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

He uploaded a second version of the trailer.

User is offline   Forge 

hope they're more than simple promos to get votes for the indieDB game of the year.

That would mean he's doing okay. Dude's disappearing act puts the invisible man to shame.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 December 2019 - 07:36 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

3rd teaser. Maybe he's just practicing his video editing skills? :lol:

That's an interesting mechanic...

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 27 December 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

That's an interesting mechanic...

I'm glad it's going to finally get some use.

EDIT: Aside from a Micky C map that AFAIK no one played.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 27 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 December 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

EDIT: Aside from a Micky C map that AFAIK no one played.

Link to release thread?

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 27 December 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Link to release thread?

I think it's talking about "Knee Deep", the huge all-in-one Doom levels converted into a DN3D and adapted for WGRealms 2, it is even available in the addon compilation.

Speaking of obscure stuff, I don't know how many used my WGR1/2HRP. I'd need to know if and what still works to have at least an indication for an eventual next update, I still have that Headless Kamikaze model among the stuff that require to have a purpose. However I will need a more direct help to reduce the quality gap factor in some points.

http://www.duke4.org.../wgr2_hrp20.zip

I'd like to see a video with it.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 27 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

No it's not about Knee Deep, that didn't use the reverse gravity feature. Micky C has a map on the development svn that uses the feature, it's an interesting effect to say the least.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 December 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I take that means it was coded a while ago?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 27 December 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

I take that means it was coded a while ago?

Yeah I think that feature goes back to 2011, although I'm not sure.

If you are interested in that, here's a publicly available version of it that works in regular Duke:

https://forums.duke4...post__p__120388

This was an experiment mod I did in 2012, then updated the following year. If you use the jetpack it reverses gravity. Also the main feature of the mod is it makes the game run at 60 tics per second instead of 30, but slows down most stuff to 1/2 so it seems normal...sort of.

User is offline   Sangman 

Cool, hope we'll finally get to see this :lol:

I wonder if anyone knows the reference for the episode names.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by William Gee: 09 January 2020 - 01:10 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

BTW Are you gonna keep the the gourd ?
I can change the colour of the liquid if you like it was supposed to be pulque or do you want the flask back?

User is offline   Forge 

the healing plant seed

View PostForge, on 09 January 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

the healing plant seed

I'm not sure what one is better, atm the game is working so I'm OK with it the way it is... I did enjoy the life seeds but maybe this way is just easier for the player even though its less interesting.
Whats your opinion? :lol:

This post has been edited by William Gee: 09 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

The seeds were kind of cool and they were inspired by the Nali fruit seeds in Unreal:

https://unreal.fando...Nali_Fruit_Seed

When used, the player will toss out a seed which will grow into a Nali Healing Fruit. If the player does not wait for the plant to grow fully, they will not gain the full benefits of the health.

However, if you are OK with the flask then I recommend keeping it, since you can't count on me to change the code any time soon.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 09 January 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

The seeds were kind of cool and they were inspired by the Nali fruit seeds in Unreal:

https://unreal.fando...Nali_Fruit_Seed

However, if you are OK with the flask then I recommend keeping it, since you can't count on me to change the code any time soon.

I'm not worried about any of the code atm, I have pretty big plans along the lines of RPG elements, Im feeling the next inspiration for WGR2020 will be Dragon Age.
Now that I am using the QUEST code and the INTER LEVEL code? The feel is very different, more complete / deep and more solidly gamelike.

BTW nobody guessed what the inspiration for the Episode names were, that was the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. Titan is the name of the world and Allansia Khul and The old world, are the 3 main lands?

This post has been edited by William Gee: 11 January 2020 - 02:17 AM

User is online   Mark 

I thought those were existing maps and YOU were wondering where the names came from.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostWilliam Gee, on 08 January 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

I wonder if anyone knows the reference for the episode names.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I finally remembered to mention this. Just wanted to say that the gourd-looking high-res sprite on the left does not look good. It is not consistent with the rest of the art. It reminds me of 2000s era polymost mods that have a 3D model for the shotgun and the rest of the weapons are still sprites.

• Duke Plus Developer

I think it was fine for Hectic Realms but I agree that health flask should be added back in for mainline WGR2.

I replaced it with health flask a while ago. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by William Gee: 15 February 2020 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options