Duke4.net Forums: Ghostbusters 2020 (Afterlife) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghostbusters 2020 (Afterlife)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This looks actually entertaining. I remember seeing the GB2016 trailer for the first time an immediately noting how awful and unfunny it was. This left a great impression on me. Can't wait!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Why do we need to revive old franchises? Star Wars, Matrix, Duke, Terminator, Ghost Busters, etc. Man just leave them alone.

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 10 December 2019 - 05:34 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Because everything now sucks. And yes, a lot of reboots have sucked. But this and Bill & Ted 3 are the only ones I have high hopes for left.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Irishman, Knives Out, and Ford vs Ferrari are all pretty good. I'm actually surprised there are 3 semi-original films out right now that are pretty decent.

Tbf, I've only watched the Irishman so far. But the other films have been lauded by the reviewers I like so I will definitely watch them when they're out on YTS bluray.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The trailer leaves me feeling indifferent. If this was Ghostbusters 6 I'd be like "Oh cool, another chapter in Ghostbusters history." But for Ghostbusters 3? Meh.

I'll give you that it's much better than the trailer for Weightwatchers.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

At least in the trailer it doesn't feel like a reboot. It feels like it's a new story that happens to be in the same universe many years later. I don't know why anyone would get excited one way or another.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Radar 100 Watts, on 10 December 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

Why do we need to revive old franchises? Star Wars, Matrix, Duke, Terminator, Ghost Busters, etc. Man just leave them alone.

Read about Hauntology especially Mark Fishers take on the matter, here is a video about it.

https://youtu.be/gSvUqhZcbVg

Edit: Some of the comments give even deeper insights about why modern society value newer things over older stuff.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 10 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

Radar 100 Watts, on 10 December 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

Because money. You stick the name Star Wars on anything and it will sell. Case in point: the sequel trilogy.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 10 December 2019 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Lazy Dog, on 10 December 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Because money. You stick the name Star Wars on anything and it will sell. Case in point: the sequel trilogy.

Yeah but why nostalgia is such a powerful money drive?

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lazy Dog, on 10 December 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Precisely. That's why so many franchise movies suck. A fool and his money are soon parted.

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 10 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm disappointed because I heard a character in the trailer state that "there hasn't been a ghost for 30 years". Meaning the Ghostbusters video game, set in 1991, is no longer canon.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 11 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Radar 100 Watts, on 10 December 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Irishman, Knives Out, and Ford vs Ferrari are all pretty good. I'm actually surprised there are 3 semi-original films out right now that are pretty decent.

Tbf, I've only watched the Irishman so far. But the other films have been lauded by the reviewers I like so I will definitely watch them when they're out on YTS bluray.

I go to see a movie at the Cinema almost every weekend and have for more than a decade. Sometimes twice a week. I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of films I thought would be mediocre but turned out to be very good. When you realize that not every movie is going to be a "Summer Blockbuster" you learn to enjoy movies a little more. At least thats how I see it.

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'd much rather have this

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options