Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury CON Mods - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury CON Mods  "Post about CON mods for Ion Fury, and even ask for help!"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

This thread is dedicated to helping people get started on modifying the game code for Ion Fury to build their own mods. Post what you are working on and feel free to ask questions.

To get this started here is some copies of files and video from a stream I did. This stream was done about a month after the game launch. It does contain a few mistakes, but those are corrected and commented in the final file release.

https://blackwell.du...Enemy_Basic.zip

If I make another video I can spin this off into its own other thread to prevent spamming this one.

AWESOME
I would love to see some Ion Fury TCs :lol:

• Evil Overlord

https://blackwell.du...s/fury/snow.con

I posted this on discord before I passed out yesterday:

Mblackwell said:

Note: this isn't an official release of any kind, just something I threw together tonight for the heck of it. Converts all rain to snow and will probably make some things break :smile:
Attachment file type: unknown
snow.con
4.59 KB
check the text at the top for how to run it, and also merry christmas, happy solstice, and enjoy whatever other holidays you all might be celebrating (or heck, just enjoy the time off!)

I hope it shows how much you can screw with the existing things, and in ways that are unintrusive and can be stacked with other mods.

...Even without the code comments. I should probably go back and clean up the formatting and add comments at some point. :lol:

I'll have to try it

User is offline   Hank 

A radar script mod for Ion Fury, by dwtiets, in progress ...

Posted Image

download link

User is offline   Echelon5 

Since release I've tried to figure out a way to remove the fire bullets from the SMG, and revert the weapon to how it was in the original Early Access version. I figured it was somewhere in the CON files but I haven't been able to find it. Any tips?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

As the SMG was added during the last minutes for EAP it can be considered a bit unfinished there.
The fire version is just the same weapon but with more coding done to it, you likely won't find any easy toggle/change for this behavior because of that.

And yes, it's in the CON files, likely weapons.con.

• Evil Overlord

P_SMG is the original projectile, but I can't vouch that just changing instances of firing P_SMG2 to instead be P_SMG will give you the result you want. It also might end up incredibly weirdly balanced without also taking enemy's individual resistances and weaknesses to it into account and redoing those in enemies.con.

make the smg have armor piercing rounds to make up for it not having fire

Whats the editor you're using for making/editing con files?

Just Notepad should should work fine

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options