Duke4.net Forums: Mapster Crash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster Crash  "Mapster Crash"

User is offline   Paul B 

Using Debug Mapster32 r8312. I can make this crash on demand using CTRL + Z in 2D mode.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

I have eliminated all files in the Mapster folder except for: mapster32.debug.exe. the fault is within that .exe somewhere. I have reverted back to an older build r4249 without any problems so far.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 27 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Hi Paul,

just came across this on my Forum Issues Revisit World Tour. Does it still happen in recent EDuke32 versions?

View PostPaul B, on 27 November 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

I have eliminated all files in the Mapster folder except for: mapster32.debug.exe.
I can't reproduce it. Your mapster32.log implies that your installation environment for reproducing is not totally clean (should use only one directory for game data, no initial CFGs):
Using D:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Duke Nukem 3D Twentieth Anniversary World Tour/ for game data
Using E:/DOSGAMES/DukeTest/ for game data
Executing "m32_settings.cfg"

Your mapster32.cfg and m32_settings.cfg might be involved.

I remember that at the time the CTRL Z command was broken and caused map corruption, see here: https://forums.duke4...__1#entry333830

So perhaps it also caused crashes in the debug build.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options