Duke4.net Forums: How to add COOP to a SP only map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to add COOP to a SP only map

Sorry if this is a noob question, but, while I'm playing duke nukem for decades I never tried making my own maps. I have played many amazing SP maps, but most of them don't have COOP mode. I would really like to play them with a close friend.

So, I wonder if is possible to edit an existing SP only map to make it work with the COOP mode? If yes, I would really appreciate your help how to do this.

User is offline   Hank 

^ From Jonah Bishop Map Editing FAQ
http://www.r-t-c-m.c...ld/mpfqdn21.zip

Map Name: NONE
To create co-op and Dukematch starting points, place the initial frame of the Duke Nukem sprite (#1405)
where you want the start point to be. This is all you need to do to make a Dukematch starting point. Co-op
start positions should all be located at the beginning of the level (but they are not required to be), and should
have a lotag of 1.
A minimum of 7 start positions is required for 8 player co-operative and Dukematch
games. The player 1 start position (brown arrow in 2D mode) does count as a start position.

The catch, this worked a long time ago. Not sure what the current status is with multiplayer/coop .

This post has been edited by Hank: 24 November 2019 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I used to edit maps specifically for co-op use back in the day.

The maps I've attached include co-op starting points as well as teleporters that open up in case of sections that become too far to travel (or blocked), as well as just ironing out a few kinks that otherwise made co-op miserable.

I hope no mappers are upset with me uploading this pack. My intent was to preserve the artist's original vision 100%.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 24 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

Wow, there are included many of the maps I wanted to edit! Thank you very much for all the information and your help guys!!!!!

User is offline   necroslut 

Consider that you might also want to add in extra enemies or pickups for co-op (which is very easy to do).

This post has been edited by necroslut: 16 December 2019 - 04:45 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options