Duke4.net Forums: [MTK] User Map #4 : "Monstroculus" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[MTK] User Map #4 : "Monstroculus"  "An other new level for the Duke3D MoD : "Mr The Killer" :D"

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Posted Image

Hello, all! :D I present you the 13th level of Mr The Killer: "Monstoculus".
I started by improvising a map that I wanted short and without enemies, but very aesthetic. Finally, the result may be extradimensionally surprising ... Will you please judge? :o

Archives :

- Mr The Killer
- Mr The Killer, Episode 2 : Randomaniac

Presentation :

It's an unusual mission; in a place certainly aesthetic, but also very strange.
Strange... However not as much as the target that the Killer was sent to shoot down.

Dowload the UserMap

Let's Play :

Screenshots :

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You should really consider upgrading to the latest version of EDuke32. There are now way more errors than before when trying to launch the game, and they are all undefined parameters, so I'm sure they are easily fixable.

I am currently working on version 2.05 of MTK ; it seems that the next update will fix the problems :o Thanks for your observation.

EDIT :

Just out of curiosity : are our logs the same ?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 20 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

No my log doesn't look like that because you're using an EDuke32 version from 2018. Please test your mod with the latest version.

It is complicated ...

An uninitiated person at Eduke32, who owns a PC with a 64-bit Windows, will be able to play MTK without any problem.
On the other hand, those who have Eduke installed each have their own favourite version, with their personalized settings, ... sometimes even several versions on the same machine!
You tell me to install the latest version ; another guy from this forum have recently suggested me to return to the old version of Eduke that was used for the MTK 1.0, otherwise it does not work anymore for him ...

What to decide ????? :o

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 21 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Regarding the guy who suggested that you use the EDuke32 version from MTK 1.0, does the latest version of EDuke32 work for him? If not, he should let the developers know.

The reason I need a newer version is because I get headaches when playing without the FOV slider. There are also other QOL improvements like improved ROR and flat polymost skies that imo are worth upgrading for.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostSeb Luca, on 21 November 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

What to decide ????? :o
Use your favorite version. I'm using one from 2014 for my TC, I don't care what people will say about it. If they can't play with an older version that still works perfectly well in modern systems, how did they play Duke 3D back then?

By the way, I like this map, it looks a bit like Doom 3. I also want to congratulate you for your mod, because most mods today (and not only in Duke community) are like "hey look at my mod, it uses 200000 new tiles!!!" but few of them have something original to offer, like yours.

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 21 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

@Radar 100 Watts :
- I do not know : he didn't mention this point :o
- I understand, thanks for this information :P As far as I'm concerned, I'm trying to make MTK as universally compatible as possible, because I'm not only present in this community :dukecry:

@Perro Seco :
- I try to deal with the version that seems reliable. Allowing automatic updates, or always yield the most recent version is risky, if it hinders the compatibility or rendering that we have worked on. Me inclino a ser de tu opinión :D
- Muchas gracias, I'm glad you said so :( I really rarely download ready-made textures: I work from several photos, or I draw them.

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 21 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostPerro Seco, on 21 November 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Use your favorite version. I'm using one from 2014 for my TC, I don't care what people will say about it. If they can't play with an older version that still works perfectly well in modern systems, how did they play Duke 3D back then?

I would get a terrible headache within 5 minutes, and play until I felt like vomiting, which typically gave me about 30-90 minutes of play time. I didn't even know the FOV was the problem until the feature was implemented.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options