Duke4.net Forums: Skip maps? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Skip maps?

User is offline   SonicB00M 

I really loved playing through Ion Fury but on subsequent playthroughs the game tends to drag a bit in the second half of the campaign. There are just too many long underground levels with an industrial theme for my taste. Is there a way to modify a script so the game automatically skips certain maps?

Don't get me wrong, every single map has a fantastic design and I appreciate the work of the mappers. I just wish I could skip some of the later levels without bringing up the console :o

[SHIFT]+[~]
map mapfile.map
[RETURN]

Replace mapfile.map with the name of the map you want to load. They all have names like z1a1.map which would be Zone#Area# I guess.

Yeah, that doesn't help in my case. I want to keep my progress (weapons, ammo, etc). Simply loading a different map with the console strips me of all equipment.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

No, that isn't possible without a mod.

I tried messing with the CON-files and while I was successful with the level rearranging, Shelly became completely unresponsive when she entered a map she wasn't supposed to be at that point :o

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Because the hub exits don't have anything in the next map to link to.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostSonicB00M, on 13 November 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Yeah, that doesn't help in my case. I want to keep my progress (weapons, ammo, etc). Simply loading a different map with the console strips me of all equipment.

View PostMblackwell, on 13 November 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

No, that isn't possible without a mod.

I wonder why EDuke32 never has something like the this changemap CCMD on ZDooM-based engine?

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 16 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options