Duke4.net Forums: Sonic the Hedgemovie - Improved - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sonic the Hedgemovie - Improved

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

New trailer is out with the overhauled Sonic design. Looks much better. I might go see it just because the director actually listened to fans instead of ridiculing them. Smart move. Part of me almost wonders if it was planned that way to get better numbers.

He looks great, but he still has blue arms. Small qualm.

Here's the old trailer for comparison.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 November 2019 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

any posts containing the 'old' version should immediately be banished to the outhouse.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's bad even for the Outhouse. It belongs into one place: trash.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Also
Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

The trailer is funnier as well. Too much spoilers though.

Holy sh*t, they did it, it actually looks like Sonic, not Sanic, this time.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

It definitely looks better, but come on everyone... It is going to be E.T., Bumblebee, Transformers, and any other movie where there's some creature, alien, or animal that the government wants dead or in captivity, and some loser person will be the one to get stuck with Sonic but they will rub off on one another and become better individuals but have something go wrong or a misunderstanding, and then guess fucking what, the human character is going to get captured by the villain and you fucking know Sonic is going to save them. Same shit, only hairy and blue, oh and Jim Carrey too!

I'm not entirely surprised they changed him, I've heard that trailers for films tend to have unfinished versions of the special effects. That they're still working on it at that point. I'm glad to see that they've done good work on the design.

...But I still can't say that's going to put my butt into a theater again. :o

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View Posttsunstealer, on 12 November 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

It definitely looks better, but come on everyone... It is going to be E.T., Bumblebee, Transformers, and any other movie where there's some creature, alien, or animal that the government wants dead or in captivity, and some loser person will be the one to get stuck with Sonic but they will rub off on one another and become better individuals but have something go wrong or a misunderstanding, and then guess fucking what, the human character is going to get captured by the villain and you fucking know Sonic is going to save them. Same shit, only hairy and blue, oh and Jim Carrey too!

C'mon, no one is saying is gonna be other than that not even that it should be, the redesign dignifies the character all we know, that doesn't mean it is gonna be a good or bad movie just for that.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 12 November 2019 - 10:02 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Movie could be hot trash. Still going to see it because they didn't portray critical fans in a negative light. They deserve my money for that alone in a world where all fans who criticize studios and directors defacing beloved franchises are "toxic."

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 12 November 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

I'm not entirely surprised they changed him, I've heard that trailers for films tend to have unfinished versions of the special effects. That they're still working on it at that point. I'm glad to see that they've done good work on the design.

I've never seen a design change that drastic for temporary "unfinished" effects for a trailer. No, they designed a whole character for the movie and they had to go back and completely rework it, bringing on Tyson Hesse (Sonic Mania Adventures) as a new lead art director to get Sonic right. They screwed up and they actually took extra time (and money) to go back and fix it. This is unprecedented. Especially now.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 November 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

fans who criticize studios and directors defacing beloved franchises are "toxic."

erinhedgeaphobic

Posted Image

User is offline   HulkNukem 

What movies coming out won't follow the exact same plot outlines or tropes established in the last 50+ years of cinema?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options