Duke4.net Forums: What's wrong with EDuke32 Wiki? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's wrong with EDuke32 Wiki?  "EDuke32 Wiki site won't loading!!!"

User is offline   chelios 

Hi, guys! Does anyone know what's hapened with EDuke32 Wiki? I'm trying to load this site and get next message $wgServer must be set in LocalSettings.php. See https://www.mediawik...anual:$wgServer.

User is offline   Seb Luca 

It is surely a misdeed of the aliens! :o

User is offline   Mark 

Hopefully its down for a short time and receiving a massive update.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

wiki is contribution based, these things don't get overhauls :o

User is offline   Mark 

OK. I thought that maybe whoever started the wiki filled out a template of some sort to get things started and that was changable later on by authorized people. The rest of us could only add to it. I guess thats not the case.

This post has been edited by Mark: 31 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

It's working fine for me now.

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Idem :o

View PostLazy Dog, on 31 October 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

It's working fine for me now.

Yep! Now it works!Posted Image

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMark, on 31 October 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

OK. I thought that maybe whoever started the wiki filled out a template of some sort to get things started and that was changable later on by authorized people. The rest of us could only add to it. I guess thats not the case.

Eh... I have things set up to keep the software that runs the wiki up to date automatically. It runs on a git checkout of MediaWiki and new changes are pulled daily. This is actually what caused the recent breakage... a configuration file option that didn't exist back when the wiki was first installed was made mandatory and thus the base configuration file for the wiki needed to be edited to manually insert the option. It just took a couple of days for me to be able to look at it because my power was out for almost a week.

View PostTerminX, on 01 November 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Eh... I have things set up to keep the software that runs the wiki up to date automatically. It runs on a git checkout of MediaWiki and new changes are pulled daily. This is actually what caused the recent breakage... a configuration file option that didn't exist back when the wiki was first installed was made mandatory and thus the base configuration file for the wiki needed to be edited to manually insert the option. It just took a couple of days for me to be able to look at it because my power was out for almost a week.

Thanks for explanation!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options