Duke4.net Forums: eDuke32: unknown bugs - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eDuke32: unknown bugs  "problem of version / limitation of script ?"

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

Good evening the community.

I open a new thread because I have a serious problem with eDuke32. While working on my CON files, testing the game again in the episodes, I started to encounter strange bugs without explanation.

The problem is that I do not know the origin of the bugs and I do not even know what I changed recently in the GAME.CON file.

I wanted to know if these examples of eduke32 could be the source of the bugs:

1. limitation of sounds: 805 current sounds in the mod (DEFS / USER files).
2. limitation of quotes: 192 current quotes in the mod (USER file).
3. limitation of textures: 10616 current textures in the mod (defs file).
4. eDuke32 version too old?: the current version is eDuke32 r6775 - Built Mar 16 2018 23:47:21, GCC 7.2.0, 64-bit.

5. I changed computer. Is this a problem of screen display, polymer and polymost ?

The bugs encountered are sectors that go up and down for no reason, when a monster is killed inside the area. And some parts of the GAME.CON file encoding, do not work properly (for example: the Liztroop with a spritepal 21 is corrupted when it dies). I do not even know why there are these bugs. I do not think I made a mistake, otherwise I would have known in "message log"

The last actions done in the file was to correct the BOSS clipdist, to delete a "state" in another (deemed useless) concerning two enemies that overwrite Duke, and create another EVENT_GAME for the BOSS4.

I'm just scared of having to lose for nothing, months and months of work.

I tested in E3L1.

Thank you for your precious help.

This post has been edited by Firefly Trooper: 28 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

I redid tests and I think I understood where the problem comes from. On my old computer, I had a 2010 Fujitsu motherboard and everything worked without any bug. Since I changed, my current motherboard is a 2008 AMC. I think there is a performance problem of Eduke32 related to that. And it's also likely that it comes from my new graphics card.

Still sorry for this extra thread, whose solution is pretty obvious. I will have to find another PC so that Eduke32 no longer bug.

I did a last test on my old PC, and the result is the same. The origin of my problem is related to the GAME.CON file and I had to change or delete some things that I should not have done. I notice that the bugs only concern the LIZTROOP monster with the part of the "RESPAWN LOTAG" coding that Dan helped me to correct. There is an inexplicable boredom on that side.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options