Duke4.net Forums: HELP! PLEASE! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HELP! PLEASE!  "Searching for Duke's last hand model, was used in last HRP release"

User is offline   chelios 

Hi, guys! A long time ago I was found a topic, wich was show last(best) hand model, with normal and specular maps. This models was used only for few weapons(pistol, shotgun, chaingun) in latest HRP release - 5.4. I spend hours searching for this model in different topics - usless. I can't find it out! Please! Maybe some one of you, guys, know, where I can find it? The model was shown and can be downloadable as a base for using with different weapons. But for unknown reasons, was used only for few of them. GUYS! PLEASE! Help me! I'm really need this hand model as a base for weapons in my mod!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Do you know who the creator was? Parkar or another guy? I'm not at my PC at the minute but I'll take a look for you.

I might have a rigged version of you would prefer.

View PostTea Monster, on 18 October 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Do you know who the creator was? Parkar or another guy? I'm not at my PC at the minute but I'll take a look for you.

I might have a rigged version of you would prefer.

I think it was Parkar's work. But I'm not really sure. This model was first shown, when pistol model has been made like original(classic oldschool pistol) as close as it possible. It was used with latest shotgun and chaingun models. Thank you very much for helping me!

This post has been edited by chelios: 18 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

• Polymancer

No problems. I'll dig it out when I get back

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postchelios, on 18 October 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

I think it was Parkar's work.
According to the repo logs: Spiker.
- highres/sprites/firstperson/2532_cliphand.md3
- highres/sprites/firstperson/duke_hand_[d|n|s].png

View PostLeoD, on 18 October 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

According to the repo logs: Spiker.
- highres/sprites/firstperson/2532_cliphand.md3
- highres/sprites/firstperson/duke_hand_[d|n|s].png

Those hands have already changed skeleton animation. Hand model wich I found was made specialy for doing skeleton animation with it. But it was second version of hand model(with normal and specular maps). First one have only diffuse map and have lower resolution of it. Second version of hand model was perffectly works with 3D Max or Blender, etc...

This post has been edited by chelios: 18 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

• Polymancer

Chelios - I've posted this file in the Community Stockpile thread as it will be easier for others to find this later.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__331710

This is the file in blend, FBX and OBJ format with both Polymer and Polymost skins.

It's rigged and scaled to be used in EDuke32 as a HUD hand model.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DukeHUDParkar_screen.jpg

View PostTea Monster, on 18 October 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Chelios - I've posted this file in the Community Stockpile thread as it will be easier for others to find this later.

https://forums.duke4...post__p__331710

This is the file in blend, FBX and OBJ format with both Polymer and Polymost skins.

It's rigged and scaled to be used in EDuke32 as a HUD hand model.

That's what I'm looking for so long!!! I love you, man! Thank you for helping me found this model!

• Polymancer

No problems.

View PostTea Monster, on 18 October 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

No problems.

Hi, Tean Monster! Wich version of Blender or 3D Max you use to work with this model? The problem is what hand model and skins loading normally. But skeleton won't loading!

User is offline   Mark 

He uses Blender 2.8 but the model was made with a much older version if it is from the HRP. I loaded the fbx and blend versions into Blender 2.8 and the bones are there. They won't be there in the obj version because obj does not support bones.

This post has been edited by Mark: 21 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

View PostMark, on 21 October 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

He uses Blender 2.8 but the model was made with a much older version if it is from the HRP. I loaded the fbx and blend versions into Blender 2.8 and the bones are there. They won't be there in the obj version because obj does not support bones.

Thank you for information! I must think a little. By the way - what you think will better for Duke Mod - model or upscaled weapons(will include some new weapons too)? I have them in max. format.

This post has been edited by chelios: 21 October 2019 - 04:54 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I like models for everything. If you want wider acceptance from the community go with sprites. :o

View PostMark, on 21 October 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

I like models for everything. If you want wider acceptance from the community go with sprites. :o

I got it! Thank you for your own opinion!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options