Duke4.net Forums: Looking for a composer - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a composer  "Hiring for a new game I'm working on"

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm about to start working on a new game, and of course, the game's got to have some music in it!

Unfortunately, MusicallyInspired - the composer I usualy go to - is not available at the moment. It puts me in a very unfavorable position, because I don't really have any contacts with other composers. Mr. Blume will not be available for many months (probably into the next year), so I've got to hire somebody else for the job. Sure, I can wait until MusicallyInspired becomes available, but I'll better make this game while I can afford to.

It'll be a top-down, action retro game with arena-themed gameplay, and while I'll be happy if there'll be any music in the game, it'll be a major plus if you can make a mod/tracker music. Something like Epic Pinball. New Junk City will be fine too. I need 8 tracks for the game in total, with at least 3 tracks being finished by December.

I already wrote to Mike Norvak a couple of days ago about this and tbh, the only reason I started this thread is that I hope he'll notice this, since he don't check his PM box very often (when I asked him about whether he want to make music for SBZ, he replied like two months later when it was too late).

I don't if there's any other composers (I know Oostrums, but I guess they're busy with their own band now), but If you're a composer, or you know one - please write here, and I'll sent you a message!

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Although I visit this site often, I rarely do it on a PC, there is no easy way to know when you have an inbox using mobile.

It would be cool if a number or something could be displayed at the top of the of the messenger menu inside the ">>" icon.

Okay, I'm finishing an ambitious project at the moment, and I'm working hard to get it on time. I won't be free until november so 1 month for 3 tracks is by far an impossible task (supposing I won't gave other projects, wich is not the case) anyway I'd like to know more details about the job before embracing your project.

Please send me a mail to mikenorvak@gmail.com

Oh and BTW I'm happy I missed the Silverballz message, I could never have done something like him, I really liked his style. I tend to focus more on the sound design and arrangements than on the composition it self, I have learned a lot since the last time I released something though.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 09 October 2019 - 07:18 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMike Norvak, on 09 October 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Although I visit this site often, I rarely do it on a PC, there is no easy way to know when you have an inbox using mobile.

Yeah, you'll never know if you have a message when you're using mobile. As for me, I just check it regulary, but only when I wait for a message.

Perhaps I should've mention that 3 tracks (out of 8) must be shorter in length than others - like a short level stats jingle.
Anyway, I send you message on your e-mail...

User is offline   Mark 

There are 1,000s of tracker songs on the web as far back as the late 80's -early 90's. Grab some you like from 20-25 years ago.

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMark, on 11 October 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

There are 1,000s of tracker songs on the web as far back as the late 80's -early 90's. Grab some you like from 20-25 years ago.

It would be fine if I was making a mod or smth, but I'm speaking about commercial product here.
Do you mean that I should grab some old songs for free, or buy/license it? It just sounds wrong either way. Or I don't understand what you mean.

Anyway, I already talked with Mike Norvak, and apparently he's going to make music for the game.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options