Duke4.net Forums: [Fixed] Diving problem in E4L4 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Fixed] Diving problem in E4L4

User is offline   Vadim Z 

Hello!

I have a problem with diving underwater in the level E4L4 "Babe Land".
The problem is in "The D-Cup Ride" room. Jumping into water and trying to dive leads to immediate death. Diving into fountain outside the pavilion cause no problems. If you come to the problematic pool from the fountain through the underwater passage, you can move underwater. But if you float and try to dive again you die.

My PC configuration: i3 3220, Intel HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM, Win10.
I've also tested on another PC with i7 2600, NVidia GeForce GT520, 8 GB RAM, Win7 Pro.

https://youtu.be/Wly9on-NF1c

I've bisected versions and found, that the last working version is r7576. The problem with dying started since r7831.
In versions from r7599 up to r7817, diving into the water in this particular room leads to another sort of problem. Underwater Duke can move only up and down, but this problem occurs only in full-screen mode. In windowed mode everything is OK.

On the video a small color glitch can be seen which occurs only when I start eDuke32. But I think it has something to do with my integrated Intel graphic card and OpenGL renderer, because on the PC with NVidia card there is no such problem.

Thanks!

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

verified with r8133

going underwater in that sector kills the player

it might have something to do with the wave effect, but further testing is required to verify that

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

removed the SE rotation sprites from the underwater sector & it stopped killing the player.

(note: I wasn't submerging over them, I was submerging in the corner away from the moving sectors)

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

I've the video with the bug deleted, so I have uploaded it one more time: https://youtu.be/NxAQKUUd_7w

Vadim Z, on 20 September 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

The problem is in "The D-Cup Ride" room. Jumping into water and trying to dive leads to immediate death.

Checked the very last r8234, the bug is there.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's on my list of stuff to fix. :o

Note, this is related to an issue described in the following thread, where I made an effort to analyze the problem:

https://forums.duke4...lipped-through/

The death itself occurs because the player's sector number is set to -1 in the function 'clipupdatesector(...)' of clip.cpp.

For the record, this is fixed as of r8494.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options