Duke4.net Forums: Where did these DNF "screen shots" come from? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where did these DNF "screen shots" come from?

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

I have never seen these before:

Posted Image

Where are these from?

This post has been edited by Kennerado: 06 June 2009 - 09:26 PM

View PostKennerado, on Jun 6 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

I have never seen these before:

Posted Image

Where are these from?

They are from around the 2001 build. Don't remember what they were released with.

This post has been edited by Wieder: 06 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

News from 3drealms.com front page, May 1 2001:

DNF E3 Video News Update

No, this is not some kind of sick joke on our site visitors, we actually have some Duke Nukem Forever news to report. Work has begun on the video to be shown at this year's E3 in Los Angeles. George Broussard has posted an update on the progress made on the video at our forums. Here's what he had to say.

Well, we recorded the video footage. It took us about 3-4 hours, then we went to dinner. We came back and were about to rip the shots from the digital video, when we noticed - the sound was all too low. DOH! In our excitement to record footage, we neglected to check the sound levels. Sigh...

At 3am we finished re-recording all the footage...again But it went faster since we had a dry run.

We ripped shots from one hour of tape and we'll do the second hour tomorrow. We're going to have a lot more shots than can fit in the video, but it's always good to have more.

The guys from Gathering that are editing the video have their equipment setup in our conference room. We'll be working closely with them Tuesday to cut the video together, then we hope to polish/tweak it and be done Wednesday.

Will keep you posted. I think you're all going to like it a lot. The DNF team has put an incredible amount of work into what you are going to see.

That was posted very early this morning (around 6AM), and then the team went to catch some sleep. This afternoon, the God guys returned to the office, and we bring you these two shots of the '01 DNF video in production (click on either for a larger image):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   ryche 

Heheh those are some old Macs. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

DNF aside, that poster of the old Shadow Warrior cover looks amazing, can I have one?

Look at this picture:
Posted Image
what's on the screen? A DNF scene we never saw?

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

Well, that could be something from the 1998 Trailer or something from the looks at the graphics, that or its from Zero Hour or something like that instead.

User is offline   K100 

It's Duke Nukem : Land of the Babes.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Looks like some joker found an e3 pic of a monitor displaying the '98 trailer and 'shopped on a ss of Duke LOTB.

And for good measure added "copyright 2009 Joe Siegler formerly of 3D Realms......" at the bottom of the pic.

Not quite sure what the point of it is.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jun 22 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

Looks like some joker found an e3 pic of a monitor displaying the '98 trailer and 'shopped on a ss of Duke LOTB.

And for good measure added "copyright 2009 Joe Siegler formerly of 3D Realms......" at the bottom of the pic.

Not quite sure what the point of it is.

It's not photoshopped at all. The DNF '98 booth also displayed LotB because it was coming out pretty soon. The picture came from an Ebay auction of Joe Siegler's, because he is selling that "Hail to the King, Baby" shirt you see there.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 23 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

It's not photoshopped at all. The DNF '98 booth also displayed LotB because it was coming out pretty soon.

Or because Take2 thought the hype for DN:LOTB would've been greater if people thought it would also come out for PC. Which explains a DN:LOTB preview I read in 2000, where the author was absolutely convinced to be previewing a PC game.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostAltered Reality, on Jun 23 2009, 04:16 AM, said:

Or because Take2 thought the hype for DN:LOTB would've been greater if people thought it would also come out for PC. Which explains a DN:LOTB preview I read in 2000, where the author was absolutely convinced to be previewing a PC game.

That's possible too. LotB was delayed a year in release, I think.

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

Joe commented on that saying that George was hugely pissed about the DNF branding and got them to take it down shortly before the floor opened to attendee's.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options