Duke4.net Forums: Mouseaim y-axis wraps if the view is moved fast enough, rather than being bounded - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouseaim y-axis wraps if the view is moved fast enough, rather than being bounded  "Probably an over/underflow of some form"

Starting from some revision between 4696 and 4777 (synthesis builds for revisions inbetween do not exist unfortunately), with mouse aiming on, move the mouse up or down at high velocity.
Rather than stopping at the boundary as it should, the view may "wrap around", meaning that you end up looking in the other vertical direction. If you look up fast enough it will wrap around to looking down and vice-versa.

This becomes more noticeable as you increase the mouse sensitivity. I assume there is some kind of overflow here when computing the deltas, but I haven't been able to pinpoint anything exactly.

This is fixed with the upcoming mouse aiming changes. (based on a binary posted in Discord by TX)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'll report this here instead of starting another thread (already reported in Eduke32 thread, but with lots of unnecessary info):

The player struct .oang and .ohoriz no longer have the player's .ang and .horiz from the previous tic. Instead, they are instantly updated to the current values. Also, user.mouseflip values have reversed.

These changes break all of my mods that use in-game menus.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 29 January 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'll report this here instead of starting another thread (already reported in Eduke32 thread, but with lots of unnecessary info):

The player struct .oang and .ohoriz no longer have the player's .ang and .horiz from the previous tic. Instead, they are instantly updated to the current values. Also, user.mouseflip values have reversed.

These changes break all of my mods that use in-game menus.

Honestly it might be better to make a separate thread for it, for one because it's not really related, and for the other since it is pretty serious and would draw more attention.
But yeah this is also broken in the AMC TC.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 29 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options