Duke4.net Forums: Is Duke better off with TT? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Duke better off with TT?

I just tried to look at the new footage on youtube and sony pictures had a copyright claim and pulled the vid.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostWieder, on Jun 12 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

Heh... not confused... just topics I can't elaborate more on so I tried my best to communicate "mood". :)

Well, I loved your post, it was hilarious.

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

View Postdino, on Jun 13 2009, 12:51 AM, said:

bullshit

Ah yes, can you please elborate that for me why its bullshit? Do I have to repost the thing about game bugets and that GTA4 had a 100 Million Dollar production buget` and that big games have a buget between 20 and 80 Million Dollars? So clearly, 5 Million Dollars is not a huge number.

Some managers and CEOs of big companies have monthy wages that are as big as that, if you dont belive me then look how much money the guys at VW, Prosche, Siemens and therelike make and you´ll see what I mean.

Or you wanted to imply that you eaisly make 5 Million as a privat guy and that for you personally 5 Million Dollar is nothing to speak of, while we, the regular working people, will never be able to earn that much money. For 5 Million Dollars and avarged worker would have to work 10 or more years to achive that.

User is offline   dino 

View PostLt.Havoc, on Jun 13 2009, 01:40 AM, said:

Ah yes, can you please elborate that for me why its bullshit? Do I have to repost the thing about game bugets and that GTA4 had a 100 Million Dollar production buget` and that big games have a buget between 20 and 80 Million Dollars? So clearly, 5 Million Dollars is not a huge number.

Some managers and CEOs of big companies have monthy wages that are as big as that, if you dont belive me then look how much money the guys at VW, Prosche, Siemens and therelike make and you´ll see what I mean.

Or you wanted to imply that you eaisly make 5 Million as a privat guy and that for you personally 5 Million Dollar is nothing to speak of, while we, the regular working people, will never be able to earn that much money. For 5 Million Dollars and avarged worker would have to work 10 or more years to achive that.

What I tried to point out was clearly that you can ask any member of the board or ceo of huge companies they'll all say that 5mil aren't just peanuts. I agree that the figure is low compared to 100mil but that doesn't make it peanuts. No one throws out 5mil if a profit isn't guaranteed.

View PostLt.Havoc, on Jun 12 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

Well, I think this song fits very well: AC/DC-All Screwed Up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8rOkMF9yPQ...;feature=rec-r2

There's a song that fits even better:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=9SOPRDS2

User is offline   petey207 

View Postnecroslut, on Jun 7 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

Zero Hour was good, but it was no Duke 3D. Not even close.
The reason we have been waiting for DNF is because we think it's gonna be awesome, not because it's called "Duke Nukem". If all you want is a new DukeTM brand game, then you could just go play Duke Nukem Mobile 3D or something, because that's the kind of stuff we would get from TT.

Well, I think if they did take Duke under there wing, a few of the crew who write for Duke would go onto the TT team right? They can't just expect to make a good Duke game with out a little experince!

User is offline   Redcard 

Worth pointing out that yes, while GTA IV had a $100 million production budget, a significantly large amount of that went to royalties and rights.

And that game released, and made back its budget and then some.

So a game that cost you $100million , released, and brought in $310 million in the first 24 hours is FAR better than a game that has cost you $12 million and is never going to come out.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostRedcard, on Jun 16 2009, 03:14 AM, said:

So a game that cost you $100million , released, and brought in $310 million in the first 24 hours is FAR better than a game that has cost you $12 million and is never going to come out.

Bullshit, it had a development cutt-off of November this year with a planned release date of April next year. And these dates would definitely have been set in stone with Take-Two's funding agreement since they wouldn't just fund the game with no set development cutt-off date because how would they have gotten to their requested amount of funding required otherwise? A publisher wants to see where their money is going, if you can't say 'this is how long we will work and this is the things we will need to do it' then a publisher will tell you to piss off and come up with a proper estimate.

And that 5 million would have brought in a much bigger return than GTA4 did... Hell, there are boneheads that pre-ordered the game 11 years ago!

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostRaziel, on Jul 5 2009, 08:26 AM, said:

Hell, there are boneheads that pre-ordered the game 11 years ago!

Why does that make them a bonehead? Do you believe that, back then, any of them thought it would take 11 more years?

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Jul 6 2009, 02:32 AM, said:

Why does that make them a bonehead? Do you believe that, back then, any of them thought it would take 11 more years?

I meant boneheads as in fans that just had to pre-order it when 3D Realms clearly stated that the game is due when-it's-done, that pre-orders are not available yet and all release dates are wrong... I didn't mean anything bad by it and my statement was just misinterpreted (in fact, I'm on the bonehead list as well). To answer your second question, no, I don't believe that, I just meant this game has been getting pre-orders from fans for like the last 11 years since before it even had a release date! Name one other game that can make this claim ;)... I love the guys that pre-ordered 11 years ago, hell, that's dedication ;).

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i would rather 3DR release it... i know, i know. "they wouldn't release it because... blah blah blah" TT would release it because.... well, they want money. 3DR or George.B even... want a rad duke game. And even though im pissed, that all of this has happened, i would still like to see 3DR accomplish their goal, i know that they wouldn't release it without it at least being half good... ya know? i just assume TT would be like "ok, let's just staple a duke game together and make millions?... where as i think 3DR would nurture it and make it something it should be.... bah, i can already tell i'm only going to make it through to about 3 people with this... if im lucky.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostBetelgeuse, on Jul 10 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

i would rather 3DR release it... i know, i know. "they wouldn't release it because... blah blah blah" TT would release it because.... well, they want money. 3DR or George.B even... want a rad duke game. And even though im pissed, that all of this has happened, i would still like to see 3DR accomplish their goal, i know that they wouldn't release it without it at least being half good... ya know? i just assume TT would be like "ok, let's just staple a duke game together and make millions?... where as i think 3DR would nurture it and make it something it should be.... bah, i can already tell i'm only going to make it through to about 3 people with this... if im lucky.

I totally agree with 3DR being the best to work on it.... As for Take-Two stapling a Duke game together to make millions, they actually had the chance to do so... They signed a contract with 3DR to make "Duke Begins" but apparently the project is in limbo - hence Apogee is counter-suing Take-Two for not holding up their end of the bargain as well. At least we know for a fact 3DR was working on DNF and making good progress (as confirmed by numerous bits of info floating around which I won't regurgitate yet again).

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't really care who works on it, as long as 3DR owns the IP and oversees everything. Past Duke games have been done this way, and some of have come out great (Zero Hour, Manhattan Project). Only 3DR should be able to control the IP.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options