• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Postal 4: No Regerts

User is offline   HMNuke93 

A New Duke Nukem reveal

https://www.facebook...49202082206989/
Your opinion on this?

"was enjoying recognition as the voice of Duke Nukem, there was another game that garnered much attention"

Those are the key words.

"That video game is about to make a comeback, "

"That video game" refers back to "another game". So it is not Duke.

This part also confirms it: "the lead character has a new set of pipes...mine.".

His "set of pipes" wouldnt't be new for Duke.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

Oh...i read the post so fast i actually forgot to read "another".

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

What could this be though? Turok? SiN? Rott? Heretic? Hexen? Blake Stone? Too many choices and I fear that it will be none of those.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

People keep guessing "Blood" but Stephen Wheyte is up to the task. That would be silly.

Also, it's gotta be MID Nineties.

That cuts out anything near Half-Life, and anything near Wolfenstein.

Honestly, if this is an Apogee or 3D Realms game? I might be inclined to go with something like Blake Stone. They talked about rebooting it at one point. Who the fuck knows.

Also, I don't t think it would be SIN. Sam Ellis is still around.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, going with another guy instead of Stephan Weyte would be stupid so no, not Blood.

As for Blake Stone I see that happening, hell, some weeks ago I even made the argument somewhere that Blake Stone could serve as a "spiritual successor" to Duke Nukem for 3DR since it has a very similar premise and it could easily be a Build FPS spoofing stuff like Star Trek. With the Duke voice actor though? I don't know, that feels a bit forced to me, it's another guy shooting aliens. :(

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Though with Jon St John he could definitely do the more high adventure action hero of yore vibe to his voice. He has done similar voices before.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Why are Duke fans so rabid that they won't even read Jon's full post before jumping to an incorrect conclusion? This is almost as bad as "DNF 2001 Was 90% Complete!!!1" that will never die.

What keeps my expectations low is telling myself there probably won’t be a new Duke game ever. (Hope I’m wrong because it hurts saying that... ow... )

User is offline   Tekedon 

Quake with one-liners xD

User is offline   Manhs 

Stephan Weyte made the voices before but it doesn't mean He could have easily a contract with Warner Bros.

I won't be against the fact someone else do the voice of Caleb and the other characters (Cultist) if it's good enough, or just a game who is good enough could satisfy me since nextgen fps are often a deception because of other stuff like level design :/

What about Shadow Warrior 3? Im thinking about it since Flying Wild Hog shared a lot of stuff like recruiting with putting some pic of Shadow Warrior 2013 and 2.

I think a little about Blood (of F.E.A.R) because of this tweet, he is recording lines for WB actually:
https://twitter.com/...348564880748544
Maybe it could be Blake Stone with a less old engine, with vertical layout... or idk

We will see in one month anyway :(

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Bethesda and Id have written the manual on how to revive 90's shooters into mammoth critical and commercial successes. Poor old Gearbox still think they bought a lemon when they aquired the Duke IP. Such a shame.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

My guess is no one's guessing correctly, and it's going to be something stupid and disappointing.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJim Rockford, on 14 September 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

My guess is no one's guessing correctly, and it's going to be something stupid and disappointing.

nobody said it was going to be a FPS either, just a game that was popular during '96-'97 time frame

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Bio Menace ?

Perhaps it will be what he was asking for : Duke Nukem and his politically correct yet annoyng and infurianting sideckick (until he figure out that if he can't beat Duke, he can only join him)

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostForge, on 14 September 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

nobody said it was going to be a FPS either, just a game that was popular during '96-'97 time frame

A FPS but yeah maybe it's not a big thing anyway
https://twitter.com/...843488205303808
"Back in the mid 1990’s while I was enjoying recognition as the voice of Duke Nukem, there was another FPS that garnered much attention. That video game is about to make a comeback, and the lead character has a new set of pipes...mine."

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Let this thread be remembered for the important thing we learned from it: reading is fucking hard. :(

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostZaxx, on 15 September 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Let this thread be remembered for the important thing we learned from it: reading is fucking hard. :(

What do you mean? But yeah, he doesn't mention FPS in the facebook post but he does in the twitter post.
Better to not have too much hopes for sure, it could be Blake Stone with Doom Engine 1 for vertical stuff :x .... or something i won't care personally x)
Need really some old retro fps in nextgen but i can dream. (not only DOOM)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostManhs, on 15 September 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

What do you mean? But yeah, he doesn't mention FPS in the facebook post but he does in the twitter post.

Okay, then I blame Jon for this (though not for the thread title, that's like "dude, have you even read that post you're opening a thread about?"). :( I didn't see the FB post, only the one on twitter where he said FPS.

Anyway I think Jimmy's right and this is going to be something forgotten like Chasm 2 or I dunno, something you'd never even think to mention on the same page as Duke in relevance. Like you know, for example if you're a Ukranian indie dev working on a retro FPS you may just get your hands on the name Chasm so you can say that "the legend is back, boys!" or something. Nobody will care if the game is good though, I mean a retro shooter with JSJ's voice? Sign me up, I don't care if it's Mortyr 3 or something.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostZaxx, on 15 September 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Anyway I think Jimmy's right and this is going to be something forgotten like Chasm 2 or I dunno, something you'd never even think to mention on the same page as Duke in relevance.

I thought Chasm was more associated with Quake O_o
Like, it has always been called "The poor man's Quake" if I'm not mistaken ...

Regardless, if they were to make a Chasm 2, I would be interested but I don't see what they could do with it >_> Like Chasm's universe doesn't give anything worth building ontop to make a sequel worth the trouble.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 15 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

User is offline   Manhs 

Well anyway, i suppose if Warner Bros didn't tease anything yet, it's not Blood but maybe a little fps from the past, we will see... (still curious)

User is offline   Manhs 

In the fb page "Jon St. John - Duke Nukem", he said, there will be an announce this monday, we will see x)
I have no hope anyway, not at all :'>
A good game can be nice too

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostManhs, on 10 October 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

In the fb page "Jon St. John - Duke Nukem", he said, there will be an announce this monday, we will see x)
I have no hope anyway, not at all :'>
A good game can be nice too

What are people thinking? SiN or something? That's more late 90s, but I can't see him voicing Kyle Katarn, Lo Wang, Caleb, or the Redneck Rampage guy. At least Blade is very much in the mould of Duke, so it wouldn't be that big of a leap.

User is offline   Manhs 

He said he used his "natural speaking voice" for this project so yeah

This post has been edited by Manhs: 10 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

Going from what JSJ posted and the rumors I heard elsewhere, my best guess is that it's probably a new Blood game that doesn't star Caleb.

Edit: Or maybe it's an unexpected new Postal game Marphy has been hiding from us.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 14 October 2019 - 02:04 AM

Huh actually, hold that thought, the RWS Twitter posted this 3 days ago: https://twitter.com/...679591082577920

The first Postal was released in 1997 wasn't it?

EDIT:

Well yup, here it is:

https://www.dualshoc...-access-launch/

The Postal Dude is voiced by Jon St. John this time around too, which should please Duke Nukem (and Big the Cat?) fans.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 14 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Haha, this looks jank, just how I like Postal. :o Postal 4, goddammit, what a nice surprise.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 14 October 2019 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   gemeaux333 

SO its no longer the RWS employee (don't remember his name) who is voicing the Postal Dude ?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Okay so after messing around a bit with it... this is very unfinished. :o

I don't know if I like JSJ in this role honestly: he's not bad at all, in fact he's pretty good but it's just not the voice you're used to.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Time to rename this thread.

Here is Steam page: https://store.steamp...L_4_No_Regerts/
And pretty hilarious trailer with a nice reference:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options