Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem City Terror Not Working - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem City Terror Not Working

Is there a way to play Duke Nukem City Terror in a 64-bit computer? batch files dont work on my Windows 10 for some reason. I tried in a Windows 7 32-bit and Windows XP 64-bit through a virtual machine and it didnt work.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

worked with dosbox.
make sure you run the setup to configure the sound card & other hardware

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

CITYTR.EXE appears to be nothing but a hex-edited DUKE3D.EXE. Just use eduke32.exe instead. No DOSBox needed. Edit your batch files and replace "CITYTR.EXE" by "eduke32.exe -g CITYTR.GRP".
... OK now I see CON errors... Edit USER.CON and replace all "+500" by "500". Edit GAME:CON: search for "actor LIZMAN LIZSTRENGTH" and the following "enda". Delete everything below this "enda" line until "action DRONEFRAMES 0 1 7 1 1" (keep that line). I no CON guy, but that seems like a fat copy/paste fail.
Recent EDuke32 releases still crash, but at least r5899 seems to work. You may check out other releases prior to 7395. Good luck.

[EDIT:] The first synthesis build to crash is r6569. Bug report pending...

This post has been edited by LeoD: 06 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostLeoD, on 06 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

CITYTR.EXE appears to be nothing but a hex-edited DUKE3D.EXE. Just use eduke32.exe instead. No DOSBox needed. Edit your batch files and replace "CITYTR.EXE" by "eduke32.exe -g CITYTR.GRP".
... OK now I see CON errors... Edit USER.CON and replace all "+500" by "500". Edit GAME:CON: search for "actor LIZMAN LIZSTRENGTH" and the following "enda". Delete everything below this "enda" line until "action DRONEFRAMES 0 1 7 1 1" (keep that line). I no CON guy, but that seems like a fat copy/paste fail.
Recent EDuke32 releases still crash, but at least r5899 seems to work. You may check out other releases prior to 7395. Good luck.

[EDIT:] The first synthesis build to crash is r6569. Bug report pending...

Thanks! i didnt have to rename "CITYTR.EXE" though cause the CTYTR.GRP file is already there. I learned today that I can load mods in eduke.32 by simply putting them in folders.
Anyways wtf is this game?!! all levels are the same except for the fugitive level, and they're small areas that doesn't have anything to do in it except for shooting screaming civilians and cops.

View Postthedukemaster, on 07 September 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Thanks! i didnt have to rename "CITYTR.EXE" though cause the CTYTR.GRP file is already there. I learned today that I can load mods in eduke.32 by simply putting them in folders.
Anyways wtf is this game?!! all levels are the same except for the fugitive level, and they're small areas that doesn't have anything to do in it except for shooting screaming civilians and cops.

Wasn't City Terror multiplayer focused? I think it was made as a TC mod with dukematch in mind.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Duke Nukem has multiplayer? :(

User is offline   Player Lin 

Yes, City Terror is Dukematch(Deathmatch of DN3D) TC, so it's multiplayer. I don't know whoever uploaded the mod to MODDB decided to put that TC to single player category...you can still play the TC on single player but that's not how the TC was designed for.

View PostPhotonic, on 07 September 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

Duke Nukem has multiplayer? :(

DN3D had, but just like other classic DOS-FPSes on that time, it was the good'ol and shitty "pure peer-to-peer based" multiplayer for that time, deathmatch or co-op play.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options