Duke4.net Forums: Changing weapons changes map id?! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changing weapons changes map id?!

User is offline   FSMcas 

Hello,

I've tried to google this but it seems nobody else is experiencing this. And I am really confused what the f happens?!

So, I'm using eduke on mac, most recent version eduke32_osx-sdl2_yosemite_intel_r8057. But I've tried a few other versions, encountering the same bug. I use DUKE.GRP from gog.com atomic edition.

When I start a new game, everything works.
When I save, quit and restart the game, this happens: Every time I change weapons, the level name (as shown on the ma screen) changes, but to a specific one per weapon. So, I cannot finish levels because as soon as I switch weapons, the next level won't load correctly and I'll be thrown to the main menu or to a completely different map. Starting a new game does not cause this bug, then I can switch weapons how I want. However, after the first re-start the bug is there.

What?

See screenshots: I should be in Lunar / OVERLORD. Pressing 1, 2 and 3 results in the map name changing to Meltdown / Void Zone, Lunar / Overlord (lucky here, can finish that one) and Shrapnel / Stadium.

What happens here? Why does this happen?
I've deleted all data from eduke, the app and the whole folder with configs and stuff. Still the bug reappeared.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Weapon 1.png
  • Attached Image: Weapon 2.png
  • Attached Image: Weapon 3.png

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options