Duke4.net Forums: Pause button gets "stuck" when held - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pause button gets "stuck" when held

If you hold the pause button, it will become impossible to trigger the function again until a new map is started. After this it triggers on the first frame of the new map.

In particular, if you pause the game, then press and hold the pause button -- it will trigger twice and subsequently get "stuck" while paused, leaving the player unable to leave the pause screen without loading a save or restarting the episode.

This bug seems to be ancient, appearing in builds as far back as 2010, starting somewhere between r1623 and r1632.

This still exists as of r9053 but is less of a problem now. The pause state can now be triggered again after entering the menu. I guess this probably was some SDL weirdness because when debugging, I noticed that it wasn't even registering the keypress at all.

Additional oddities I noticed:
  • Opening the menu and closing it will cause any pending sounds (including ambient ones) to resume playing.
  • It's possible to save during the pause state, and after loading a save the music and ambient sounds will start playing again.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 01 June 2020 - 05:00 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options