Duke4.net Forums: Who was the guy doing the Star Trek Voyager mod? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who was the guy doing the Star Trek Voyager mod?

User is offline   XenoMatriX 

I remember reading a while back that someone was doing a Voyager mod, I can't remember if it was this forum or the 3DR forum.

Any way if you're out there I have some models you may be interested in...

Posted Image

1) Batleth
2) Hypospay
3) Phaser rifle
4) Type 2 phaser
5) Isometric disintegrater
6) Medkit
7) Standard tricorder

These were made for a Star Trek mod that never really got off the ground, I may revive it one day but at the moment they are on my hard drive "gathering dust" so if you can put them to good use let me know and I'll upload them.
Also if you would like any more models made I'd be happy to do so.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Do you mean this:
http://www.amcwebfor...hp?topic=7794.0

That's Voyager - Borg attack mod by Sobek

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 05 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

That's the one thanks, looks like there has been alot of work done since I last saw it.
And from the screen shots looks like wepons etc have been covered, oh well, if anyone else would like to use them let me know.

I think you should contact Sobek

User is offline   diehard 

Did you make those models?

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Boy, even tho I'm more of a TNG fan, this is certainly one worth trying out. Thanks for the heads up.

View Postdiehard, on Jun 5 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

Did you make those models?

Yes they are all made by me, I have also built the "player" models for type 2 phaser and tricorder which I forgot to include

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 5 2009, 04:43 PM, said:

I think you should contact Sobek

I have e-mailed sobek now, thanks

This post has been edited by XenoMatriX: 07 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

Ahoy there!

I haven't seen any emails, but that's OK. At the moment, I've got a few maps other than those based on Voyager coming along nicely, including some planetside levels and another set aboard a different vessel. Once I've got these in a fairly good condition, I'll be throwing up some more screenshots.

I do have most weapon models in place, but I honestly hate the phaser rifle I'm using at the moment, and due to it being so (surprisingly) difficult to find Phaser / Phaser Rifle models, have even been considering creating my own from scratch. However, those you have there are really nice. So much so, I thought they were from Elite Force 2or something! I'd definitely love to grab those off you if that's OK :)

This post has been edited by Sobek: 08 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

View PostSobek, on Jun 9 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

I'd definitely love to grab those off you if that's OK :)

Ok, I'll upload them over the next few days (I don't have internet access at home, because I've just moved so I have to get my fix at my friends house)

I was over at RTCM to see whether or not Borg Nukem would've had EDuke32 and/or HRP support or not, but lo and behold, it doesn't support Vista, let alone 64-bit. Wonder if they're working on making it more native to newer systems at all. Perhaps I downloaded the older version of it? Someone confirm. Of course, I'm willing to try the Voyager mod instead, hoping that may bring some relief.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 14 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

View PostWedgeBob, on Jun 14 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

I was over at RTCM to see whether or not Borg Nukem would've had EDuke32 and/or HRP support or not, but lo and behold, it doesn't support Vista, let alone 64-bit. Wonder if they're working on making it more native to newer systems at all. Perhaps I downloaded the older version of it? Someone confirm.

Here I made a pack for Borg Nukem:
http://www.mediafire...php?mjz25lndeu5

play with: eduke32 -gborg3d.grp -xgame.con

HRP is not compatible, unless you make changes to HRP specific for Borg Nukem.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 14 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostWedgeBob, on Jun 14 2009, 05:44 PM, said:

I was over at RTCM to see whether or not Borg Nukem would've had EDuke32 and/or HRP support or not, but lo and behold, it doesn't support Vista, let alone 64-bit. Wonder if they're working on making it more native to newer systems at all. Perhaps I downloaded the older version of it? Someone confirm. Of course, I'm willing to try the Voyager mod instead, hoping that may bring some relief.

Are you kidding me? Borg Nukem hasn't been updating in YEARS, and most of the devs aren't around or post sparsely.

Hi Sobek,

Sorry, I havn't forgot about you, my friend should be uploading the models tonight so I can hopefully post a link for you tommorrow.

(still no internet at home, won't be installed until the 26th :) )

This post has been edited by XenoMatriX: 15 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

User is offline   Sobek 

Hey no rush buddy, work's been so busy lately and I haven't been feeling too well, so I haven't exactly given Duke a lot of attention anyway :)

Whenever you can, that's fine.

Needless to say, I'm probably considering doing an Enterprise mod of some sort, which was the series that UPN aired after Voyager. I find that had more gun fights than any of the other Star Trek variants out there, and that it actually took place closer to Duke's time. May be worth looking into this Voyager mod, tho. IIRC, Voyager was a spinoff of TNG like DS9 was, but Enterprise was a prequel to TOS, which aired too closely together. I agree with the consensus, tho, they should've waited until the JJ Abrams movie before airing Enterprise on TV, it would've went down better, imo.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 18 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

User is offline   Sobek 

Very technically, Voyager was practically a spinoff from DS9, given the close air dates and the fact that they depart from DS9 in the opening episode, not to mention the Doc linking up with that moron Andy Dick in the midst of the Dominion War. I loved the way they tied some things together like that.

I absolutely loved Enterprise though. And if I hadn't started working on this Voyager mod, you could be damned sure that's what I would have done (heck, it'd be a whole lot easier that's for sure!). The 'Enterprise' Enterprise has far more simplistic designs throughout, which actually suit Mapster mapping very well. Octagons and squares are the order of the day!

This post has been edited by Sobek: 18 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

Right... I'd definitely do Enterprise over that "reboot" from Abrams that was just out in theaters. If Mapster32 cooperates (maybe I have to map in EDuke32 without the HRP in order for me not to be bumped back into Windows all the time), I'll probably even use the stock textures from Lunar Apocalypse, and see how that goes for starters. I'll probably see what I can do for a demo map for now, then work into an episode or two.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostWedgeBob, on Jun 18 2009, 04:45 PM, said:

Right... I'd definitely do Enterprise over that "reboot" from Abrams that was just out in theaters.

The new Star Trek movie is excellent and has resurrected the franchise. It did so well that it is still playing in a lot of theaters -- in fact I saw it in one last week. I grew up watching reruns of the classic Star Trek on TV before any of the newer series were made, so if I were making a mod I would base it on the classic series, or on the reboot (which has the same characters).

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDeeperThought, on Jun 20 2009, 03:27 AM, said:

The new Star Trek movie is excellent and has resurrected the franchise. It did so well that it is still playing in a lot of theaters -- in fact I saw it in one last week. I grew up watching reruns of the classic Star Trek on TV before any of the newer series were made, so if I were making a mod I would base it on the classic series, or on the reboot (which has the same characters).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jnMSXenjycM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Gs33sTLGOIg

lol, I just had to.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 19 2009, 09:34 AM, said:

Some fans misunderstand the alternative universe metaphysics. The original timeline was not erased. All possible timelines coexist as different alternative universes. The rebooted franchise will explore a different universe, but the old one is still as real as it was before. There is, for example, a universe (and infinite variations on it) where old Spock succeeds and Nero never goes back in time.

While I do agree that the classic is a good place to start, since I grew up watching The Animated Series on Nickelodeon, as well as watching the real TOS on local stations on Saturday evenings, I believe that it's wise to build a mod after Enterprise, since that took place *before* TOS, and it was closer to the time that Duke 3D took place. On top of that, UPN was just an underestimated network, it had potential for better viewership. At least I watched UPN for Trek and for WWE Smackdown when that network was still around.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 19 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi Sobek,

I've finally got the internet back! ;)

Here is a link to the models:

Star Trek Models

I have included a few others that you might find useful (not my own though).

If you need a "player" model for the phaser rifle I can work on that too.

This post has been edited by XenoMatriX: 28 June 2009 - 05:41 AM

View PostDeeperThought, on Jun 19 2009, 11:27 AM, said:

Well, so did I, I was watching reruns of TOS and TAS when we first got cable back in the '80s, as well as the first few seaons of TNG first-run. However, Enterprise was the prequel to Kirk's days, don't forget...and they had a lot more fights with various species on that one. Most notably, the Xindi was certainly one of the biggest wars ever fought in any Trek variant. I'm probably looking to possibly do a mod based on Captain Archer's biggest adventures (which requires very little modding, since most of the aliens that Duke fights are very similar to the Xindi, btw). That could be a little easier to do for now, and maybe Sobek may have a few tricks up his sleeve for a Xindi episode.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 28 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Sobek 

View PostXenoMatriX, on Jun 29 2009, 12:09 AM, said:

Hi Sobek,

I've finally got the internet back! ;)

Here is a link to the models:

Star Trek Models

I have included a few others that you might find useful (not my own though).

If you need a "player" model for the phaser rifle I can work on that too.

Thanks a lot for that... Lots of great models there. And thanks for the additional ships and such. At the very least, even if I don't use those there's still a bevy of textures that can be used elsewhere.

;)

View PostWedgeBob, on Jun 29 2009, 02:45 AM, said:

Well, so did I, I was watching reruns of TOS and TAS when we first got cable back in the '80s, as well as the first few seaons of TNG first-run. However, Enterprise was the prequel to Kirk's days, don't forget...and they had a lot more fights with various species on that one. Most notably, the Xindi was certainly one of the biggest wars ever fought in any Trek variant. I'm probably looking to possibly do a mod based on Captain Archer's biggest adventures (which requires very little modding, since most of the aliens that Duke fights are very similar to the Xindi, btw). That could be a little easier to do for now, and maybe Sobek may have a few tricks up his sleeve for a Xindi episode.

Wha...me? Your mod, your ideas! ;)

Truthfully, I'd probably end up with too many things that I'd want to do with relation to the Xindi that I'd never get finished. Now the Suliban, oh yes you could have some real fun with them. I could imagine something like the DukePlus "Only visible with Night Vision" system... Could create some serious scares with those stealthy buggers.

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

View PostSobek, on Jun 29 2009, 04:37 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for that... Lots of great models there. And thanks for the additional ships and such. At the very least, even if I don't use those there's still a bevy of textures that can be used elsewhere.

Just wondering, is this project still alive? Looks very sweet!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options