Duke4.net Forums: Heavy Metal Fakk 2 Sequel? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heavy Metal Fakk 2 Sequel?  "Or a homage?"

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Indie developer Criansoft, developers of the Age of Barbarian games, has posted this small teaser for one of their next games and it looks very familiar to anyone who played Ritual's fantastic game or watched the underrated Heavy Metal 2000 movie.
Posted Image
https://steamcommuni...456512060087865

The character's design is clearly based on the character Julie from the 2000 movie and the art style really matches the movie as well as the Fakk 2 game and the weapons(specifically the sword) are identical to those seen in the movie.
Posted Image

Also you can tell by the teaser gif that the main character can equip a weapon in each hand, just like in Ritual's Fakk 2 game.

It's currently unconfirmed if this is an actual licensed Heavy Metal game or just a new IP that is taking A LOT from the Fakk 2 Arc as Criansoft has been very vague to the replies on the facebook post, though it seems more like they are hinting at it actually being an entry in the Heavy Metal brand.

I really hope it is a continuation cause I really liked Fakk 2 but hate the cliffhanger it ended on.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Looks clunky, like those platformers made in flash (assuming it's not a flash game). I wouldn't mind a good platformer though with competent physics, actual sprite animations (that requires drawn-hand frames) and good level design. Beat 'em up would work better for 2D Heavy Metal game I think, in fact could market one as new Battletoads killer or even as true successor to original games. Abuse style gameplay would be fine too, however.

xMobilemux, on 24 August 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

Sequel

You're dreaming, my friend. Hopefully one day we'll get it though and many other good things.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 24 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

I'm not saying I don't think this is a good idea, but I think its a shame that there aren't more games based on/inspired by stories in the magazine. I think as far as action games go there's that game inspired by the works of Moebius and that Druuna game maybe? As to this game it could very well be an official sequel, but judging by the developer's reaction I'd think not and they're hoping not to get sued.

I do agree that this game looks like a hi-res version of a flash platformer from the '00s. If its not directly flash its definitely using the same hack-y kind of animation as a flash game would.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Is Julie Strain actually still in business?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

reminds me of Blackthorne

NightFright, on 25 August 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Is Julie Strain actually still in business?

No, I looked her up not too long ago and she has dementia. It's really sad, too. She fell off a horse when she was younger and because of the resulting blow to the head, she couldn't remember a lot from before she was 17. :(

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

That's really a shame. I remember her from her active time in the early 2000s, even though she did even more in the 90s, but I only took notice of her when the movie and game came out. She seemed to be a great person. And she was hot, too.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

So it's called Metal Fury 3000

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's not part of the Heavy Metal or Fakk 2 IP unfortunately, but the inspirations are clearly there.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, especially digging the art style, I hope it comes on the Switch.

Now the million dollar question, will 3D Realms sue Crian Soft cause Metal Fury is too damn close to Ion Fury?

Hacky animation or no hacky animation that looks amazing. But Jesus, there's being inspired by something and there's slapping different titles and mustaches on everything. The second Heavy Metal's legal team sees that you can bet there's going to be more than just a sternly worded letter, and this wouldn't be completely bullshit like something else I can think of.

It's looking like Metal Fury may be turning into an official Heavy Metal game.

Will have to wait and see, we're in desperate need for a new Heavy Metal related game.
https://steamcommuni...5948?snr=1_5_9_
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

Eh I don't know xMobilemux. I really am not confident on this one. Maybe if we had a gameplay video however I think I'll pass on it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options