Duke4.net Forums: duke caribbean on eduke - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

duke caribbean on eduke

User is offline   duke92 

hi all, i just got the add on caribbean, and iam trying to get it to run on eduke but when i put the cd in there is no GRP just VACA.SSI, VACA13.SSI etc, what do i need to do to get caribbean to work on eduke, on my eduke i use the DUKE3D.GRP, i hope you guys can help as ive never played this add on before, thanks.

User is offline   supergoofy 

look here for answer:
http://forums.duke4....p?showtopic=998

check my posts :)

I think the topics should be merged and pinned

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 03 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

User is offline   duke92 

thanks but that info does not help, i don't have the Atomic Edition yet just duke nukem 3d complete version, when i put the caribbean cd in i install it to my drive but the only things there are gamer.exe, VACA13.SSI, VACA15.SSI and VACAPP.SSI, am i missing something or do i need to do something with those files, thanks.

View Postduke92, on Jun 3 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

thanks but that info does not help, i don't have the Atomic Edition yet just duke nukem 3d complete version, when i put the caribbean cd in i install it to my drive but the only things there are gamer.exe, VACA13.SSI, VACA15.SSI and VACAPP.SSI, am i missing something or do i need to do something with those files, thanks.

You mean you have the Duke Nukem 3D Registered Version 1.3D ?

Then it will not work. For Duke3D v1.3D the VACA13.SSI is used. Sorry but I'm not willing to make a patch for VACA13.SSI to convert it to .grp file.

I can only say follow the instructions that are written in the topic that I mentioned, on how to unpack .ssi file and convert it to .grp file.

User is offline   duke92 

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 3 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

You mean you have the Duke Nukem 3D Registered Version 1.3D ?

Then it will not work. For Duke3D v1.3D the VACA13.SSI is used. Sorry but I'm not willing to make a patch for VACA13.SSI to convert it to .grp file.
I can only say follow the instructions that are written in the topic that I mentioned, on how to unpack .ssi file and convert it to .grp file.

so how do you unpack .ssi file and convert it to a grp file, thanks for your help

the instructions are already post, why do you ask me?

check the attachment by Iggy:
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?act=atta...=post&id=81

Instead of VACA15.SSI use VACA13.SSI

User is offline   duke92 

View Postsupergoofy, on Jun 3 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

the instructions are already post, why do you ask me?

check the attachment by Iggy:
http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?act=atta...=post&id=81

Instead of VACA15.SSI use VACA13.SSI

yes i have the instructions but to me it's all hard to follow as ive never done this sort of thing before , can anyone help, thanks

User is offline   Fabio 

I've problem during the rename of Shortcut, at the 4th point at pag 5 of instruction.

When I try to apply change ( 4. Open the tabrecord "Shortcut" and add at the end of the fieldvalue of "Target" the
startparameters "-unpackssi dukedcpp.ssi *.*".)
an error occourred

where I must add the startparameters ? "C:\Programmi\duke3d\Duke DC\unpackssi.exe"

http://www.mypicx.co...052009/Stringa/

This post has been edited by Fabio: 05 June 2009 - 05:02 AM

This is the correct edit of the shortcut:
"C:\Programmi\duke3d\Duke DC\unpackssi.exe" -unpackssi vaca15.ssi *.*

User is offline   Fabio 

Grazie

OK all ok, I have exceeded this step.

Now I have this problem: when starting Duke in DC loads raw meat! :) :D

User is offline   Fabio 

i think the problem is in step 9, in fact do not create files called "dukedc.grp" but the kgroup file.

example: i write this: [ C:\PROGRA~1\duke3d\DUKEDC~1\KGROUP.EXE kgroup dukedc.grp *.* ]

http://www.mypicx.com/06052009/screen/

thanks

User is offline   duke92 

well i sort of get it now i just need to get the unpackssi, where can i download this, thanks.

User is offline   duke92 

i download the unpackssi but the unpackssi.exe does nothing, please please help all i want to do is play the game, i can't convert ssi to a grp file as i don't know how to, please help, thank you.

User is offline   eddym4814 

View Postduke92, on Jun 5 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

i download the unpackssi but the unpackssi.exe does nothing, please please help all i want to do is play the game, i can't convert ssi to a grp file as i don't know how to, please help, thank you.

Try this:

Right click on VACA13.SSI, open with, then chose unpackssi.exe.

User is offline   duke92 

View Posteddym4814, on Jun 5 2009, 10:33 PM, said:

Try this:

Right click on VACA13.SSI, open with, then chose unpackssi.exe.

hi thanks for your help, i done that and the carib.exe came up but now when i click on it there are two options single palyer and mulitplayer but when i choose one of them nothing happens.

View Postduke92, on Jun 5 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

hi thanks for your help, i done that and the carib.exe came up but now when i click on it there are two options single palyer and mulitplayer but when i choose one of them nothing happens.

Edit: After you unpacked the VACA13.SSI file all the files created have reversed file extensions. You are probably going to need a BAT file to either rename them or to create a GRP file. Right now I don't remember how I installed Caribbean last time. Sorry.

This post has been edited by eddym4814: 05 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Fabio 

I would like to not pollute this topic

Where should I continue my problem with Duke it out, D.C., I open a different topic?

User is offline   duke92 

View Posteddym4814, on Jun 6 2009, 01:50 AM, said:

Edit: After you unpacked the VACA13.SSI file all the files created have reversed file extensions. You are probably going to need a BAT file to either rename them or to create a GRP file. Right now I don't remember how I installed Caribbean last time. Sorry.

hi when i unpacked the VACA13.SSI file there was no BAT file, were do i get the BAT file, thanks.

User is offline   duke92 

iam almost there, iam up to step 10/14 on the kextrac and kgroup part, ok in my directory C:\GAMER where my Caribbean-files are i created shortcuts for kextract.exe and kgroup.exe and i added in the Commandline of both "kextract vacation.grp *.*" and "kgroup caribbean.grp *.*". now when i run the file for the shortcut of kextract.exe it says that the program extract files etc but it does not unpack all files inside vacation.grp and for the kgroup.exe shortcut it makes a KGROUP file but does not start assembling the new .grp-file and does nothing, what am i doing wrong, this is what i put in the commandline for each program

C:\GAMER\KEXTRACT.EXE "KEXTRACT VACATION.GRP *.*"
C:\GAMER\KGROUP.EXE "KGROUP CARIBBEAN.GRP *.*"

please help as i think that ive nearly done, thank you.

This post has been edited by duke92: 06 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

User is offline   duke92 

[quote name='duke92' post='20551' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:07 PM']

This post has been edited by duke92: 06 June 2009 - 06:23 AM

Hi duke92. Most people use/play the Atomic version of Duke so most of the installers/Bat files and help information you can find on the forums are aimed at that version. If possible I would advise you to get a copy of the Atomic version. If you check the banner at the top of this page you will see that it is available at GOG for $5.99. It will make things much easier for you plus the Atomic version includes a fourth episode compared to the three episodes you have on version 1.3. Plus you will be able to use the High Resolution Packs for Duke3D and the Caribbean addon.

That said there are no BAT files in the VACA13.SSI file. BAT files are user made files that can do different things like launch addons and mods using different ports like EDuke32. Some are very simple, others more complicated. I wrote two of them as an example for you. The first is a simple installer that would launch the VACA.GRP file using the EDuke32 port. The second would rename all the Caribbean files so that they have the correct file extension.Attached File  RENAME.zip (654bytes)
Number of downloads: 321 There are 132 files in the VACA13.SSI file and most of them would have to be renamed before a GRP file could be made. You could rename them manually, use a BAT file to rename them for you or find another way to rename them. The RENAME.BAT file I provided is incomplete but will give you and idea of how they work. If you right click on a BAT file then click on EDIT you will see the contents of the BAT files. I am sure that are easier ways to rename the Caribbean files and make a VACA.GRP file but I am not familiar with them. Maybe someone else will be willing to help you out. Eddy

User is offline   duke92 

View Posteddym4814, on Jun 7 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

Hi duke92. Most people use/play the Atomic version of Duke so most of the installers/Bat files and help information you can find on the forums are aimed at that version. If possible I would advise you to get a copy of the Atomic version. If you check the banner at the top of this page you will see that it is available at GOG for $5.99. It will make things much easier for you plus the Atomic version includes a fourth episode compared to the three episodes you have on version 1.3. Plus you will be able to use the High Resolution Packs for Duke3D and the Caribbean addon.

That said there are no BAT files in the VACA13.SSI file. BAT files are user made files that can do different things like launch addons and mods using different ports like EDuke32. Some are very simple, others more complicated. I wrote two of them as an example for you. The first is a simple installer that would launch the VACA.GRP file using the EDuke32 port. The second would rename all the Caribbean files so that they have the correct file extension.Attachment RENAME.zip There are 132 files in the VACA13.SSI file and most of them would have to be renamed before a GRP file could be made. You could rename them manually, use a BAT file to rename them for you or find another way to rename them. The RENAME.BAT file I provided is incomplete but will give you and idea of how they work. If you right click on a BAT file then click on EDIT you will see the contents of the BAT files. I am sure that are easier ways to rename the Caribbean files and make a VACA.GRP file but I am not familiar with them. Maybe someone else will be willing to help you out. Eddy

thanks man, i think your right about the getting the Atomic edition as it would be much easyer as well, so when i get the Atomic edition i will let you know how i get on, cheers.

This post has been edited by duke92: 07 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   frak67 

Sory i is very bad know English language. this is some models and textures for duke caribean HRP =) http://rapidshare.com/files/242171704/mode...ribean.zip.html

models_HRP_caribean.zip dowload mirror:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8fvzs6

http://www.rapidspre...p?id=sts66u5a8f

http://sharebee.com/4d03f20c

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 08 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

Vacation HRP 1.6 unofficial + shark cove by Supergoofy

Contains the original Vacation HRP + "frak67" models (corrected size) + shark cove mini-episode and a .BAT

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8d207c5...04e75f6e8ebb871

sharkcove2.zip
http://www.mediafire...php?gtyfnzw2nj0

sharkcove_hrp.zip
http://www.mediafire...php?hqgw5lf12ie

The sharkcove2.zip is not my creation

I created the sharkcove_hrp.zip to make sharkcove2.zip compatible with/included in vacation_hrp.zip

User is offline   frak67 

my works =)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dracon.jpg
  • Attached Image: ____________.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke5.jpg
  • Attached Image: fish.jpg

This post has been edited by frak67: 28 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Shark's Cove was created by HighWire. It will be included in the next official version.

@frak67:
Please, from now on, if you have submissions to my HRP, email them to me at Hendricks266 at gmail dot com. :D I would like to talk to you about your work.

@Fantinaikos:
Do not preempt me by releasing unofficial "versions". Do not make updates or other compilations with new content of the HRP. This is for two reasons. One, separate packs confuse end-users, who end up using outdated or even incorrect versions of my packs. Second, it also make keeping track of submissions and changes difficult for me to integrate into the pack. If you have suggestions and/or improvements, post just the changes by themselves. So, in this case, if you just changed the DEFs, post the new DEF code only. If you changed the models, post changed models, not integrated into some sort of immediately usable pack. :D

BTW, what adjustments did you make? I am curious to know, so that I can improve the official pack. :)

@supergoofy:
Thank you for your diligent mirroring. I approve of your Shark's Cove patch, instead of a complete, unofficial HRP with it integrated. :D

To all:
I will be starting official threads for my projects soon, so we will have a central location for development.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 10 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

@Hendricks266, I don't like altering files/releases, unless there are major errors that affect gameplay. But even in that case I prefer to report to the author of the addon/mod.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 11 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

User is offline   duke92 

guys, i have the atomic edition and will try the methords to run duke caribbean.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options