Duke4.net Forums: Gravis UltrasSound Music Pack - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gravis UltrasSound Music Pack  "GUS Music Pack"

Finally finished, you can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7ZH6JCF - It's 216Mb. Extract music.zip to your autoload folder. Below is what I originally posted in case it's useful to anyone.

I started on it some time ago. It's taken ages because of many reasons - namely GUS Drivers messing me about, Sound Cards (yep, a few) failing in the machine that was recording it and cabels going missing and a lot more issues i'd rather not go into.

It's still not done yet, but i am releasing what i am refering to as the "ShareWare Version" - because it only has music for those levels.

File size : 26Mb

MegaUpload : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J0V8NT9C
That would be the prefered option, it's faster and better than...

My FTP : ftp://treason.dyndns.org/Duke%20Nukem%203.../Share/Gus6.zip
This is only really here in case somebody has a vendetta against MegaUpload (I know people that do). This FTP is the slow and not very reliable option, and you would be lucky to go over 50Kbit/s.

I'm gonna keep working on this (and the DC Port - as soon as i find my tools for that) for now, but i might also think about my SB/AdLib pack, i was even contemplating doing a PSG-Type music pack (hmm, this is giving me ideas) hope you enjoy this, at least until i can do the rest of them, which is still difficult due to the fact my GUS plays up a heck of a lot.

Oh, also - if you poke the files about, you will notice that they are not "Normalized" the reason being is that they are recorded from the game (SFX muted) on a DOS machine, and this is the volume they play at in the game, thus i am keeping them exactly as they would sound if you had the same setup as me.
So don't start posting at me saying "These files are not normalized" - i know, but do tell me if there's any other problems.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 20 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I think I'm better bumping this thread than starting a new one? Sorry if people don't agree with that though.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nice. Added to my folder along with the RC-55, PSX, Saturn, N64, Mac, and Adlib packs. (Now all we need are Mega Drive and game.com, lol.)
A PSG soundtrack would definitely be possible.

Check out:
Sonic Boom - This Genesis hack uses a very good rendition of Grabbag for its first level, albeit using other MD sound chips. You could probably pull music from TecToy's feces if you wanted to. (I would, but there's no VGM pack and no sound test discovered.)
The Ultimate Genesis/Mega Drive Soundfont

EDIT:
Someone should make a PC Speaker pack with DOSBox. *shot*

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 20 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

No, Tandy 3-voice is where it's at! Actually, it's possible. I almost want to just do one or two tracks anyway to see what it's like. Then replace all the sound effects with PC Speaker sounds from Duke1 or something :(.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Ken made a program to play MP3s through the PC speaker...

@ Hendricks266; Mega Drive? Check the gabbag.ogg file :( I own a DX-100 too, so I could do it on the real hardware one channel at a time (though I use the soundfont for the drumkits) - I reckon I'll check that Sonic hack out though just for the hell of it. That software was MP3PC though KPC plays .wav and .voc which is better if you want to use it with the Duke 3D files. There was also a Windows 3.1/9x driver for PC Speaker.

@ MusicallyInspired; Do it! :( it could be kind of fun. I had some software somewhere that used to open Duke 1 and 2 files in explorer and converts the PC Speaker sounds to .wav automatically (Also does Keen and various other games).

User is offline   Liaz 677 

All links are dead. Can you please re-upload it?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostHigh Treason, on 25 May 2010 - 01:22 PM, said:

@ MusicallyInspired; Do it! :) it could be kind of fun. I had some software somewhere that used to open Duke 1 and 2 files in explorer and converts the PC Speaker sounds to .wav automatically (Also does Keen and various other games).

Forgot all about this. I actually did start on Stalker but never did finish it. Quite a bit done, though. :)

http://sc55_duke4.ne...alker_tandy.ogg

It was made with DefleMask tracker with the SMS system. But the Master System and the Tandy 1000 use the same sound chip (the Texas Instruments SN76496 sound generator).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options