Duke4.net Forums: Cultists with proper weapons. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cultists with proper weapons.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Hi there.

Posted Image

I've been working on my mod for Blood recently which gives every cultist his correct weapon. So that means you'll see Ackolyte with actual TNT, Cultist with a shotgun, Fanatic with a tommy gun and finally Zealot with tesla gun.

The mod will be available only for NBlood as this is currently the only port which support SEQs (Blood's sequences which mainly enemies use) with higher tilenum than 4095. You'll have to simply put a zip file into the autoload folder and the port should do the rest. Currently I am waiting for nukeykt to provide a bit more support to def script plus the actual new release of his port which will support said SEQs.

Additionally I've also included:
  • actual gibbing animation for innocents,
  • differrent sprites for cultist's electrical shock,
  • Stone Gargoygle having actual blue eyes when shooting,
  • Alpha Cultist beast transformation.

Here are some screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Borion 

Keep it going, man! Great stuff!

Thanks. If someone wants to test it now, I can send files via PM.

Looks like amazing addition, if could be compatible with vanilla in DOSBOX...

User is offline   MetHy 

Looks good! I'd play this when it's out.

My only nitpick is that the dynamite and lighter look undertailed, almost uni-colour, compared to the rest; but looking at it I'm not sure much can be done considering the resolution...
Then again, I had never realized before that the original tommyguns looked almost pitchblack and aren't very detailed either.

Yeah, I am not a fan of my work which I've done for TNT cultists either. I might try to improve that in the future.

The original weapon for the cultist is a simple black stick with no hand grips. It can be visable when he throws a TNT. Even the photos of original model reveal that.

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostDzierzan, on 26 July 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

The mod will be available only for NBlood as this is currently the only port which support SEQs (Blood's sequences which mainly enemies use) with higher tilenum than 4095.
The latest beta build of Fresh Supply adds this functionality.

I just read that too. Not sure how I could even ship for that Fresh Supply. I could technically put everything into Blood.RFF (SEQs) and TILEART files in Blood's folder. Honestly I think it's not a clean solution unlike def scripts. What I also see is that FS technically can load addons from submenu which probably can read tileart files, its scripts in kpf package and I wonder if it can read RFF files as well. But that means that you will only load one mod, you won't be able to play my cultists mod and Cryptic Passage.

Anyways, I'd test that even now, but I've got only GOG version of FS.

BTW GDX will also have this functionality.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 03 August 2019 - 01:28 AM

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostDzierzan, on 02 August 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

I just read that too. Not sure I could even ship for that Fresh Supply. I could technically put everything into Blood.RFF (SEQs) and TILEART files in Blood's folder. Honestly I think it's not a clean solution unlike def scripts. What I also see is that FS technically can load addons from submenu which probably can read tileart files, its scripts in kpf package and I wonder if it can read RFF files as well. But that means that you will only load one mod, you won't be able to play my cultists mod and Cryptic Passage.
Fresh Supply can read stand-alone RFF files without having to merge them into BLOOD.RFF first by using the "-rff" command line argument. Therefore for your use-case it might be easier to use a .bat file to run your mod instead of the in-game addon system.

blood.exe -rff cultistguns.rff -file cultistguns.kpf

EDIT: Alternatively, this might be better to keep tile###.art files safely out of the way in an addon.
blood.exe -rff addons/cultistguns/cultistguns.rff -addon addons/cultistguns/

This post has been edited by The Kins: 03 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

I've just test your method. For some reason it crashes the game. I also tried to just replace RFF file with new SEQs and put tilesxxx.art files in FS's folder. The game loaded and I've encountered the same game bug which appears in DOS or unsupported builds of N or GDX. Cultist will pickup any random sprites, but not using proper ones. So... either 1.9.9 still doesn't support that or Kaiser didn't do it correctly.

fgsfds has recently made a new voxel for original Tommy gun which is faithful to original sprite. I gave this new Tommy a shot and see how it looks like with cultist. Here's a comparision:

Posted Image

Any thoughts? I am considering redoing Tommy cultist with this new gun.

User is offline   Borion 

Looks very good, IMO. Please do version with this new tommy.

All your sprite mods/improvements so far make a lot of sense from gameplay perspective.

User is offline   VGA 

Does this mod only make aesthetic changes or does it change gameplay in any way?

Only cosmetic change.

OK, I am releasing this mod of fine since the latest build of NBlood has everything fixed I needed.

This is a simple autoload mod. Just put cultists.zip into your autoload folder and it should be fine (make sure autoload is turned on in NBlood's launcher) and use the latest NBlood build, you can get one from here https://lerppu.net/wannabethesis/. Or use the one I bundled with.

Enjoy!

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options