Duke4.net Forums: Change Duke 3D Megaton Edition detected directory - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change Duke 3D Megaton Edition detected directory

User is offline   mjr4077au 

The current directory that gets picked up is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot" and this causes Megaton content to automatically load which isn't always desirable (absolutely not for me in any case as I can't play music through my SC-55).

If the directory was changed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot\classic", only the actual game data would be found and the Custom game content combobox would be less polluted with other directories.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMitch Richters, on 16 July 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

The current directory that gets picked up is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot" and this causes Megaton content to automatically load which isn't always desirable (absolutely not for me in any case as I can't play music through my SC-55).
Command line parameter -usecwd is your friend.

View PostLeoD, on 16 July 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Command line parameter -usecwd is your friend.

Ah, thats awesome. By the way, I didn't try it as the Wiki says it's non-Windows only:

-usecwd Read game data and configuration file from working directory [non-Windows only]

I reckon that should be updated, but otherwise that'll resolve my issue nicely by not having it search all over the place for data.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMitch Richters, on 16 July 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

[...]as the Wiki says[...]
The only way to gain comprehensive knowledge about EDuke is to memorize all posts in the "Everything EDuke32" subforum since 2009. :dukecigar:

View PostLeoD, on 16 July 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

The only way to gain comprehensive knowledge about EDuke is to memorize all posts in the "Everything EDuke32" subforum since 2009. :lol:

BAHAHAHA! Golden! I've been a lurker for years but only registered not too long ago as I figured I should get more involved.

Thanks again for your help, sir :dukecigar:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

In general when it comes to the Wiki, it's best just to try it anyway. The Wiki is severely out of date on a lot of things, much is even undocumented.

View PostBlitZ, on 16 July 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

In general when it comes to the Wiki, it's best just to try it anyway. The Wiki is severely out of date on a lot of things, much is even undocumented.

Thanks, I'm starting to realise that :dukecigar:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options