Duke4.net Forums: Change Duke 3D Megaton Edition detected directory - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change Duke 3D Megaton Edition detected directory

The current directory that gets picked up is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot" and this causes Megaton content to automatically load which isn't always desirable (absolutely not for me in any case as I can't play music through my SC-55).

If the directory was changed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot\classic", only the actual game data would be found and the Custom game content combobox would be less polluted with other directories.

User is offline   LeoD 

View PostMitch Richters, on 16 July 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

The current directory that gets picked up is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem 3D\gameroot" and this causes Megaton content to automatically load which isn't always desirable (absolutely not for me in any case as I can't play music through my SC-55).
Command line parameter -usecwd is your friend.

View PostLeoD, on 16 July 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Command line parameter -usecwd is your friend.

Ah, thats awesome. By the way, I didn't try it as the Wiki says it's non-Windows only:

-usecwd Read game data and configuration file from working directory [non-Windows only]

I reckon that should be updated, but otherwise that'll resolve my issue nicely by not having it search all over the place for data.

User is offline   LeoD 

View PostMitch Richters, on 16 July 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

[...]as the Wiki says[...]
The only way to gain comprehensive knowledge about EDuke is to memorize all posts in the "Everything EDuke32" subforum since 2009. :(

View PostLeoD, on 16 July 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

The only way to gain comprehensive knowledge about EDuke is to memorize all posts in the "Everything EDuke32" subforum since 2009. :(

BAHAHAHA! Golden! I've been a lurker for years but only registered not too long ago as I figured I should get more involved.

Thanks again for your help, sir :)

User is online   BlitZ 

• Banned on Rigel

In general when it comes to the Wiki, it's best just to try it anyway. The Wiki is severely out of date on a lot of things, much is even undocumented.

ION FURY DEVELOPERS SAID NOTHING WRONG

View PostBlitZ, on 16 July 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

In general when it comes to the Wiki, it's best just to try it anyway. The Wiki is severely out of date on a lot of things, much is even undocumented.

Thanks, I'm starting to realise that ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options