Duke4.net Forums: Duke nukem world tour Replacing the ugly pill symbol on medikits.... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke nukem world tour Replacing the ugly pill symbol on medikits....  "How to replace the ugly medikits on the world tour edition.."

User is offline   Marya 

So i noticed the Duke nukem 20th anniversary version of the game gave in to the whiners and changed the old red cross symbol to a white an red pill "HEY KIDS DO DRUGS!!"

So anyway I wanted to ask is there a way to replace that art and make it like the classic duke art? i don't actually know what tiles the med kits and first aid station uses i assume replacing these tiles would change it ,but could this be done by swapping out the GRP from say the megaton edition?

Sidenote:If this was already asked somewhere, please feel free to direct me to the topic and also how to fix this issue. Also if this is the wrong section let me know..

This post has been edited by Marya: 23 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

https://forums.duke4...bility-stopgap/

(Optional) Download: Uncensored Health Pickups Patch (also works in World Tour itself!)

Have fun!

User is offline   Marya 

View PostNinety-Six, on 23 June 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

did they fix the firefly problem though? and this is for a friend not me I have megaton XD

View PostMarya, on 23 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

did they fix the firefly problem though? and this is for a friend not me I have megaton XD

If you just want the health pack sprites to be as they were, the optional download works in world tour itself; you don't need the eduke compatibility patch unless you want to run it in eduke

User is offline   Marya 

View PostNinety-Six, on 23 June 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

If you just want the health pack sprites to be as they were, the optional download works in world tour itself; you don't need the eduke compatibility patch unless you want to run it in eduke
why get eduke just to play world tour there's soo many mods and stuff XD

View PostMarya, on 23 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

did they fix the firefly problem though?

Unfortunately no (their projectle as well), Incinerator and Cycloid Incinerator 'weapon does not work too.

View PostMarya, on 23 June 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

why get eduke just to play world tour there's soo many mods and stuff XD

Because eduke32 rules!
It give you a lot more options to customize your gamplay, a feature that i consider important is the Hitscan, so that only bullets are affected by autoaim, this feature is not included in World Tour, like many others.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 23 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

User is offline   Marya 

View PostThe Battlelord, on 23 June 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Unfortunately no (their projectle as well), Incinerator and Cycloid Incinerator 'weapon does not work too.

Because eduke32 rules!
It give you a lot more options to customize your gamplay, a feature that i consider important is the Hitscan, so that only bullets are affected by autoaim, this feature is not included in World Tour, like many others.
i'd rather not play world tour on eduke :D

really because the incinerator worked fine for me on the base World tour.... If i want to play the base game i'll just use Megaton, and i'll save eduke for mods like AA and stuff.

User is offline   NNC 

It's amazing how everyone left WT in the dust. Not even the community picked it up, no maps were made with WT assets.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 24 June 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

It's amazing how everyone left WT in the dust. Not even the community picked it up, no maps were made with WT assets.

Didn't help that the 20th anniversarry edition that came with WT didn't come with any of the DLC.

View PostMarya, on 24 June 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

Didn't help that the 20th anniversarry edition that came with WT didn't come with any of the DLC.

Nor did the port itself being fairly janky, refusing to fix any of the bugs that were present, and being fairly expensive performance-wise.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostNinety-Six, on 24 June 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Nor did the port itself being fairly janky, refusing to fix any of the bugs that were present, and being fairly expensive performance-wise.

I've had a couple of graphic issues with megaton ,but otherwise i havn't had any problems and WT is just that just the base game and world tour so... yeah i only got it because it was cheap and on sale i wanted to see what was up with it...

User is offline   3D Master 

How does the health zip work though? I put it in the autoload folder and it didn't do anything, where am I supposed to put it, or unzip it?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options