Duke4.net Forums: How do I change the pixalated Hires-textures in Mapster32 - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I change the pixalated Hires-textures in Mapster32

User is offline   blizzart 

Hi folks,
I can´t remember how I did it the last time, so how do I change the pixalated textures in Mapster when using Hires textures?

In the past I just changed the value of gltexfiltermode in mapster32.cfg and it worked. But now (Mapster build 7627) it always resets to 0. Changing it in m32_settings.cfg didn´t help either.

Can anybody help me with this? It´s pretty annoying looking at those pixelated textures and sprites all the time while working in Mapster.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by blizzart: 13 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

can't you add nodownscale nocompress at the end of the defines?

edit: thinking about it, do you mean texture filtering? because that was removed because of incompatibility with palette emulation

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 13 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 June 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

can't you add nodownscale nocompress at the end of the defines?

edit: thinking about it, do you mean texture filtering? because that was removed because of incompatibility with palette emulation

Unfortunately adding nodownscale nocompress didnīt help.

Yes, I mean texture filtering. So, there isnīt any chance to get the textures to show in Mapster as they show up in game?

Here is a comparsion:
A sprite in r6129 (April 2017):

Attached Image: capt0063.png

and in r7627 (May 2019):
Attached Image: capt0000.png

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postblizzart, on 13 June 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

Yes, I mean texture filtering. So, there isnīt any chance to get the textures to show in Mapster as they show up in game?

Unless I'm missing something you wouldn't get texture filtering in-game either

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 June 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Unless I'm missing something you wouldn't get texture filtering in-game either

In-game I can set the filtering to Trilinear (although Iīm sure there was a setting for antialiasing before).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options