Duke4.net Forums: All the hi-res packs in one place? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All the hi-res packs in one place?  "How to find which packs there are & latest versions"

Hey guys! I've been reading through a few dozen threads in this forum over the past couple weeks, and I finally decided to join and jump into conversations. :-) It's great to be here!

One thing I wonder: is there any kind of overview about which hi-res packs there are for the likes of Blood, RR, SW etc.? I've seen that some very busy and committed forum members (Phredreeke!) have been upscaling textures and sprites, creating voxels and more, but I kinda get the impression I'm missing some of them.

For instance, for Blood, it seems like there were hi-res texture packs in the past, some were done with xBRZ and some with ESRGAN, but now Phredreeke's latest upscale pack only contains sprites? Same for RR; I've found a skybox pack and one with posters, but is there anything else?

It would be awesome to have a thread where all these are collected and kept up to date. Heck, I wouldn't even mind putting together a simple website for these, I mean the domain hiresbuildgames.com is available.

Let me know what you think of if you have some pointers for me!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The last version of my upscale pack before 2.0 can be downloaded here https://mega.nz/#!Ay...T_juPbTZGrmbOXQ

With 2.0 I basically started over from scratch, hence why a lot of sprites are not in the latest version.

I also released two background upscale packs for Blood using Waifu2X but I think the links are dead now. There's also a preview version of background upscale pack using ESRGAN but I'd rather wait for NBlood or BuildGDX to get the ability to do colorswaps in the renderer rather than having to use separate images for each palswap.

For Duke Nukem 3D I currently recommend using the Alien Armageddon mod as it will correctly color sprites underwater, unlike my standalone upscale pack.

Awesome, thanks Phredreeke!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMr. Matt Eastwood, on 24 May 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

It would be awesome to have a thread where all these are collected and kept up to date. Heck, I wouldn't even mind putting together a simple website for these, I mean the domain hiresbuildgames.com is available.

This already exists: http://hrp.duke4.net/

I'm sure you mean well but I don't like the idea of a newcomer offering to completely take control of an operation like this.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Also, out of respect for the HRP contributors, I'd like there to be a clear distinction between that and my upscale packs.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 May 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

This already exists: http://hrp.duke4.net/

I'm sure you mean well but I don't like the idea of a newcomer offering to completely take control of an operation like this.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't find anything related to HRP content for SW, Blood or RR at the link you posted.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That site is "the central location for all things HRP" even if those games are not there right this minute.

View PostHendricks266, on 24 May 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Fair point, I get that. No worries, it was just one of my thoughts when I was reading through several threads before signing up. I'm amazed by the hard and awesome work some fans here are doing!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options