Duke4.net Forums: [DM RELEASE] Cheers - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[DM RELEASE] Cheers  "...based on a classic TV series"

User is offline   Sanek 

Cheers is a small DM map for 2 players, very loosely based on the stage set from famed 80s TV sitcom of the same name. I was not about to make the exact piece-by-piece reproduction of the set, but I added enough things that'll be instantly recognisable to anyone who watched the show.

In addition to pistol, you also have a shotgun, freezer, pipebombs and tripbombs at your disposal, allowing you to create plenty of traps for your opponent!
Attached Image: b7iWr29AaR8.jpg

I know that some of you probably expected a single-player map, and dukematch is not as popular these days as it used to be. Indeed, it can be considered a crime, wasting my magnificent talents on something as unsignificant as this. But come on - atm I don't want to commit myself to another sp map or mod that'll take many months to complete. So I just had some fun with the editor, and you know it's a nice way to spend evenings. <_<

Let me know what you think of this map, especially if you wathced the show!

Attached File(s)

A new DM map is a rare event. We need to celebrarate.

User is offline   Paul B 

YES!!! I love it when maps are created to resemble loosely based real world places or movie sets. Nicely done! It would have been nice if you had the start of the map at the top of the stairwell going down to the front door. If I remember correctly you could see the outside stairs from the bar area through a window. What's interesting about this TV series is it was based off a real Bar's name in Boston Massachusetts. However, the real Cheers bar is nothing like the TV series set.

http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=13086

This post has been edited by Paul B: 24 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostPaul B, on 24 May 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

YES!!! I love it when maps are created to resemble loosely based real world places or movie sets. Nicely done! It would have been nice if you had the start of the map at the top of the stairwell going down to the front door. If I remember correctly you could see the outside stairs from the bar area through a window. What's interesting about this TV series is it was based off a real Bar's name in Boston Massachusetts. However, the real Cheers bar is nothing like the TV series set.

http://www.dukemaps.net/?p=13086

Yeah, there's a staircase on the left side and a bigger window on the right side. And there's also a staircase going up, didn't include it either.

P.S. btw, can somebody upload it to WT's workshop? Because I can't, it gives me the error every time, and MetHy's method didn't work for me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So when’s the Frasier map coming out?

https://youtu.be/7BUH3Gd9qAA

User is offline   Merlijn 

View PostMicky C, on 25 May 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

So when’s the Frasier map coming out?

It would have to feature tossed salad and scrambled eggs at least..

Well designed little map, Sanek! Not much to tell about it, the bar does look quite authentic. The table with the card game (I'm assuming it's poker) was a nice touch. <_<

User is offline   Crazyboy88 

You have to be patient, the Frasier map will be coming out soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options