Duke4.net Forums: Terminal Velocity - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terminal Velocity

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Terminal Velocity is one of the first 3D Realms games that were marked as 'By "3D Realms" rather than "By Apogee" naming model. I have noticed that no one on foumrs mentions this game very often. In my opinion it's good game. Not that legendary and well-known as Duke3D is, but still a great game. I got it on same CD with Duke Nukem 3D Shareware Episode v1.1 Original CD. ALong with v1.1 Shareware of Duke, it comes Terminal Velocity v1.2 shareware. I am only owning this shareware version, i don't own registered version. I have completed shareware episode it was nice experience. The game has kind of mission of collecting\destroying certian enemy\object. Each next mission have own briefing. You drive you space shuttle (i suppose) throughout various planets and enviroments. Really interesting game. I really do reccommned to those people who haven't played it yet to try out shareware episode at least. It's really nice thing to try out. Really nice.

EDIT: Sorry i mistakeny posted this on Duke nukem General forum section. Now I am posting it here. Moderators please remove dupilcate in Duke Nukem General section. Thanks in advance and sorry for confusion.

User is offline   Gargoyle 

Watched my brother play the shareware version in the mid 90's before playing it in the late 90's. Fun game, although there's little weapon variety and no barrel roll.

View PostGingis Khan, on 23 May 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

I have noticed that no one on foumrs mentions this game very often. In my opinion it's good game.

There's a topic created for it. Also, I found this epic gfaqs topic that lasted for 9 years before hitting the 500th post limit.

User is offline   deus-ex 

View PostGargoyle, on 23 May 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

[...] although there's little weapon variety and no barrel roll.

Yes, there is. Home/PageUp = Roll left/right.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

What role of Terminal Reality was in development of the game? I assume 3DR was just a publisher?

Was surprised to see their name attached to it, I didn't expect them to work on TV despite the fact that both have similar names, although it made me think if Terminal Reality had anything to do with the game (and I just found out that, in fact, they were involved).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 24 May 2019 - 06:57 AM

Yeah, Terminal Reality developed Terminal Velocity and 3D Realms published it.

User is offline   Crazyboy88 

View PostKristian Joensen, on 24 May 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Yeah, Terminal Reality developed Terminal Velocity and 3D Realms published it.

Hang on a second, when Terminal velocity was released on the Mac OS, Android and IOS, they have two different publishers,
for the Mac OS Version, it was published by MacSoft, and for the Android and iOS version, it was published by Trebuchet Entertainment.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

He was speaking of DOS version, it was published by 3D Realms and is pretty much original version of the game while Macintosh version was a port and came out a year after DOS release. Also seems like Mark Randel himself (co-funder of Terminal Reality) ported the game to Android and iOS.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options