Duke4.net Forums: palette emolution? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

palette emolution?  "Blood fresh supply colors?"

User is offline   Devon 

Hi!

I just wanted to ask why does Fresh blood supply look so different to any other source port or recreation?

If i remember it correctly the original Dos version looked alot like fresh blood supply when it comes to the lights and colors.
I might be wrong though.

Is BloodGDX going to replicate the colors and lights in the future?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

It's because the original game used lookup tables for shading (because it was faster than multiplication) while BuildGDX's renderer uses multiplicative shading.

I believe it is something M210 is looking to implement in his new renderer.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

NBlood has the original coloring as well, with even more accuracy than FS.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 21 May 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

It's because the original game used lookup tables for shading (because it was faster than multiplication) while BuildGDX's renderer uses multiplicative shading.

It's faster on CPU. But my and Nblood's shader implement is slower, because it have to handle each pixel separately. BloodGdx will have palette emulation as fast as I complete it

This post has been edited by m210®: 21 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

User is offline   gordon81 

View Postm210®, on 21 May 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's faster on CPU. But my and Nblood's shader implement is slower, because it have to handle each pixel separately. BloodGdx will have palette emulation as fast as I complete it

Great, your project is the most accurate blood experience.

User is offline   Devon 

View Postm210®, on 21 May 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Thanks!

User is offline   gordon81 

up!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postgordon81, on 26 August 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

up!

Thank you for your contribution to this topic

While I’m writing this anyway, I can report that M210 has said on Discord that the next version of BuildGDX will have software rendering, which will help him make the palette shader for Polymost.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options